KU vs KSU Brawl

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Big 12 needs to make a statement and dish out some harsh punishments for this. Dont let Bill Self's weak ass **** stand as you know that kid wont miss many games if it's his call. I'd love to see 1 game suspension for every player that left the bench, multi game suspensions for any players who threw punches, and season ending suspension for De Sousa. That kind of punishment would send a message to the rest of the conference this kind of behavior will not be tolerated and will be met with stiff punishments if it happens.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Man how will KU replace the 2pts 2 rbs De Sousa brings in his 8 mpgs. Really big move by KU and Self to risk their whole season. No word on the two starters who shoved their way through KU staffers and fans to kick a guy who was being dragged out of the incident.....weird. Bill would LOVE to keep the focus on De Sousa and let the other players involvement get minimized.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Big 12 needs to make a statement and dish out some harsh punishments for this. Dont let Bill Self's weak ass **** stand as you know that kid wont miss many games if it's his call. I'd love to see 1 game suspension for every player that left the bench, multi game suspensions for any players who threw punches, and season ending suspension for De Sousa. That kind of punishment would send a message to the rest of the conference this kind of behavior will not be tolerated and will be met with stiff punishments if it happens.
Like I said, Marcus Smart got 3 games for going after a fan in the stands. And you think that a 13+ game suspension is appropriate?

KDS

• Useful
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Like I said, Marcus Smart got 3 games for going after a fan in the stands. And you think that a 13+ game suspension is appropriate?

KDS

Remind me again, did someone have to pry a blunt instrument out of Smart's hands before he attacked someone with it?

• Winner
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Just a reminder that the Big 12 only suspended Marcus Smart 3 games for going into the stands and pushing a fan.

So Smart went into the stands, pushed the guy to the ground, picked up a chair and had to be restrained from using it while his teammates stomped on the fan? Wait.....sorry, put their feet "in locations" on the fan?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The Cincinnati/Xavier fight a couple of years ago resulted in a six-game suspension for the main perpetrator. I personally think Ku will shed DeSousa from the program. He's been nothing but a nightmare for them. This is a good reason to do that, an excuse if you will.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

How can they punish KU when Baylor gets no serious punishment for organizing a massive rape syndicate?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
The Cincinnati/Xavier fight a couple of years ago resulted in a six-game suspension for the main perpetrator. I personally think Ku will shed DeSousa from the program. He's been nothing but a nightmare for them. This is a good reason to do that, an excuse if you will.
The two starters who put their feet.....as random put it....."in locations" are the players that need to sit maybe 3-5 games. If Marcus Smart is the mark by random now and a push gets 3 games, I think a good punch and kick to "locations" is good enough to garner at least that if not more.

RealtreeByGod

Feb 25, 2014
Smart definitely deserved more than what he got, but it doesn't change that De Sousa's actions led to a 25+ person brawl where he had to be restrained from bashing someone with a chair and other people were throwing punches and ghetto stomping others on the floor.

Smart let a heckling fan get to him, briefly shoved him, and was restrained and removed from the game by his teammates. Which leads to the second point - None of KU's players made any attempt to restrain De Sousa or deescalate the situation, they either let him go hog wild or gleefully joined in with him.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Definitely didn't get their ROI out of this kid. Time to cut bait.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Crickets from Manhattan still?

Crickets from Lawrence as it relates to McCormick and Garrett?

There's a reason the only person that's been publicly punished is De Sousa. And that's because he attempted to attack someone with a chair. The rest may take some sorting out.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Tough rate of return they got on their investment. Some time you have to cut your losses, sell and reinvest what you can.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I imagine both schools are taking coaching from their legal teams and the B12 offices presently. Thus, you're not hearing much. Ku got out front by suspending DeSousa. That was pretty easy to do, wasn't it. But they nor K-State, other than sitting James Love who never plays anyway, neither wants to sit others for extended periods. Ku obviously has a lot at risk here and on multiple levels.

Reactions: heitclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

KDS

We got a 25k fine for a field rush. Nobody had ever been fined for a football field rush, or basketball. Sometimes they decide that they want to change things.

BTW, the fight happened in the stands and several fans were pushed. Smart didn’t try to whack a fan with a chair.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
you make zero sense.

here’s an example with iowa : bohannon was a jackass and mouthed off before the game and left his shoes on the court at Hilton. It was a **** move that I didn’t like. But Iowa state players did not beat him over it.
I would have taken those shoes and sold them on eBay in 10 years for big bucks after he becomes an NBA legend.