Is this the start of the zombie apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
I would not put it past the Chinese government to introduce a new virus to its citizens in order to "thin the herd."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/20/world/asia/coronavirus-china-symptoms.html
giphy.gif

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I would not put it past the Chinese government to introduce a new virus to its citizens in order to "thin the herd."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/20/world/asia/coronavirus-china-symptoms.html

If you’re gonna do the conspiracy thing of thinning the heard, at least tie it into the Hong Kong protests. The virus started just across the border from HK.

If you wanna get super weird, SARS started in 2002/2003 and there were protests in HK in 2002-2003 over a new law about prohibiting treasonous acts against China. Sound familiar? And SARS started in the same region as this new virus... just across the border from HK.

Putting the tin foil hat away, that region in China sees the most random number of ships from other countries, is the fastest growing province (****** construction due to how quickly they grew), and is known for their large open air markets with fish and other goods just sitting out for days. It’s just a bit dirty and needs some health standards to reduce these kind of outbreaks.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
imo, pursue a dual pronged approach with a virus to take care of the elderly and then prescribe a bunch of opioids to take care of the young poor. Booyeah

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They wouldn't be the only government that's been theorized to plant things to make sure those on the bottom stay there.

Maybe a plague, but not a zombie situation.

Need zombies for that, and unfortunately, this isn't it.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
They wouldn't be the only government that's been theorized to plant things to make sure those on the bottom stay there.

Maybe a plague, but not a zombie situation.

Need zombies for that, and unfortunately, this isn't it.

How do you know? Maybe this is just the start. A new contagious virus let out in public meant to kill a certain percentage of the population has unintended results. Isn't that the plot of about a dozen zombie apocalypse movies?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
How do you know? Maybe this is just the start. A new contagious virus let out in public meant to kill a certain percentage of the population has unintended results. Isn't that the plot of about a dozen zombie apocalypse movies?

Yeah...except zombie movies have people that have died or close to it, that are going around eating humans or biting them and turning them into zombies.

A virus going crazy is more of an 'Outbreak' kind of thing, I think. Or that one with Marky Mark where everyone catches it and kills themselves. That would be pretty fascinating to watch happen too.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
A virus going crazy is more of an 'Outbreak' kind of thing, I think. Or that one with Marky Mark where everyone catches it and kills themselves. That would be pretty fascinating to watch happen too.

(8 seconds long)

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
This sounds more like The Stand from Stephen King than a zombie apocalypse. Now, where is Randal Flagg?

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I want to see the zombie apocalypse just to see how it all goes down. Like, would it really spread so fast that our technology/weaponry wouldn't be able to stop it?
Check out World War Z. It’s all in Brad Pitt’s beautiful hands

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
This sounds more like The Stand from Stephen King than a zombie apocalypse. Now, where is Randal Flagg?

That book was so well-done I couldn't finish it. It was just too overwhelmingly depressing.

Liked the movie. Bit cheesy compared to the book/subject matter but good.

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron