JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
I sure hope he doesn't fly south to UT. The guy seems kind of douche but he does know how to coach special teams. It doesn't seem like Campbell is interested in having a special teams coach on staff which appears to be one of if not our biggest weakness.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
When I think of 2 programs that overachieved the most over the last 25 years I think of K-State and Virginia Tech. Those 2 programs seemed to always get a big kick return or block a punt at key times. One of our losses to Snyder in Kansas City was due to a blocked extra point. How many teams actually even really try to block an extra point.

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Listen to CDub's podcast with CMC. I love that we aren't returning the ball on special teams unless it's perfect. Now, hire Jamie Kohl as Special Teams guru so that we can get consistent kicking results.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Is CMC just being stubborn at this point, to not address what was an achilles heal the team this year and give that group some direction? Feels like at this point, we should just expect more of the mediocre (generous) same next season

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Listen to CDub's podcast with CMC. I love that we aren't returning the ball on special teams unless it's perfect. Now, hire Jamie Kohl as Special Teams guru so that we can get consistent kicking results.
Could you summarize CMC's reasoning, please? I'm not much of a podcast guy and I don't want to go hunting for it. I'm no coach, but I can't stand that philosophy. Go out there and make something happen. Seems we are so hesitant to try that when we do, we bungle it up. It becomes self-fulfilling.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
When I think of 2 programs that overachieved the most over the last 25 years I think of K-State and Virginia Tech. Those 2 programs seemed to always get a big kick return or block a punt at key times. One of our losses to Snyder in Kansas City was due to a blocked extra point. How many teams actually even really try to block an extra point.
TOE also has fantastic special teams play.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I love how this guy post-neck-tatoo tried to transition to television spokesperson. Still....this is an all time ear worm.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA

Hey man, you know I got nothing but love for you bro but CMC didn't mention anything at all about Punt returns which is what all of us want improved. He only mentioned Kick Off returns which I don't think anyone has issues with. In addition, CW honestly sounded scared to ask about it.

CMC did mention that it was fair for fans to question a shotgun on 4th and inches, so Kudos to him for that. He mentioned it was something him and the coaches continue to talk about. CW didn't really press the issue and kept saying he understood it because he remembers speaking to Herman about it when he was here as he always was in shotgun... Which is still pretty ridiculous IMO.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Could you summarize CMC's reasoning, please? I'm not much of a podcast guy and I don't want to go hunting for it. I'm no coach, but I can't stand that philosophy. Go out there and make something happen. Seems we are so hesitant to try that when we do, we bungle it up. It becomes self-fulfilling.

Even tho he isn’t a metrics guy, the percentages say to not return unless they kick it right to the return without much hang time. Cant remember the actual percentage but basically only 30% of the kicks do better than 25 yards so why bother.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron