KXNO/iHeart Layoffs

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
The wost bar in 2005 is still twice as good as the best bar in 2020 but only half as good as the best bar in 1995
This reads like one of those story problems in math when you need to figure out the correlation/pattern.

"If the 2005 bar is twice as good as the 2015 bar but only half as good as the 1995 bar, how good is the 2025 bar?"

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
This reads like one of those story problems in math when you need to figure out the correlation/pattern.

"If the 2005 bar is twice as good as the 2015 bar but only half as good as the 1995 bar, how good is the 2025 bar?"
It's crap

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Why can't he do both? It's not like realtors have to work M-F, 9-5?

I would think he could do his real estate thing in the morning and early afternoon and do the radio gig in the afternoon.

I remember seeing he was going through the process a couple months ago. It must have been the intention to do both. Most of those guys do have other jobs.

Getting your real estate license is not a two week process. There’s something like 100 hours of required classroom time and exams.

Real estate is what you make of it. I think the average real estate agent in DM only sells like 6 houses a year.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
The wost bar in 2005 is still twice as good as the best bar in 2020 but only half as good as the best bar in 1995

tenor.gif

• Winner
Reactions: KnappShack

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
It's good for Joel McCrea to admit he screwed up, but it shoots down the theory that it was some disconnected decision from corporate.
Not necessarily. I'm sure he got his marching orders from Corporate, based on the rest of the cuts nationwide. Either way, takes a lot to swallow your pride and admit you made a mistake and apologize. You don't see that very often anymore, especially publicly.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I remember seeing he was going through the process a couple months ago. It must have been the intention to do both. Most of those guys do have other jobs.

Getting your real estate license is not a two week process. There’s something like 100 hours of required classroom time and exams.

Real estate is what you make of it. I think the average real estate agent in DM only sells like 6 houses a year.

It is very easy to get a license to sell real estate. A short class or two and a pretty easy test. They have increased the requirements but its still far less than a lot of areas.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

"Twenty - Twenty Five" sounds like an snobby big city bar full of uppity hipsters and vegetarians drinking $250 a bottle wine made from organic oats.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
  • Agree
Reactions: AgronAlum

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
It is very easy to get a license to sell real estate. A short class or two and a pretty easy test. They have increased the requirements but its still far less than a lot of areas.

It’s 96 hours of required classes plus the 6 hour exam. It’s not like going to get your 4 year in something but I wouldn’t classify that as “a short class or two”.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I am glad for the maintaining of local content and coverage, and especially for the evening hosts. But I will continue to never intentionally listen to the garbage morning show of Travis Justice and Heather Burnside. Now that they have jobs back they can be legitimately criticized again.

I agree that sometimes it is unlistenable, but I have to say I like it because it is local. I can get local weather, local cancellations, etc. I like NPR's morning show too, but I don't get local. I want to know the weather in Des Moines and don't necessarily care about SE Iowa weather. Also, they do talk local things such as RAGBRAI and the Drake/Des Moines school joint stadium issue. Ain't gettin' that on IPR or on the Bob and Tom Show.

Last edited:

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
"Twenty - Twenty Five" sounds like an snobby big city bar full of uppity hipsters and vegetarians drinking $250 a bottle wine made from organic oats.

If they don't have an app for reservations then I'm out, I hate talking to people.

It’s on the rooftop of a hotel that no one stays at.
Twenty25 en haute de l'Amend.

"Don't mind the residual aroma left over from the meat packing operations, it went out of commission in 2020."

• Funny
Reactions: Doc