***WBB: 2020 Recruiting Thread***

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I attended the City High home opener versus CR Kennedy, along with CBF, and will share my observations of the Little Hawk blow-out victory: 1) Aubrey didn’t have a very good game, obviously pressing and aware CBF was in the stands - I think she finished with ten points and her defense was poor - she needs work there!
2) Kelsey Joens is not Ashley 2.0, she’s the spitting image of Aubrey!
3) Brian Joens was perfectly behaved!
4) CBF is very popular with the City High fan base, chatting up everyone!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

One of Clark’s quotes..she likeS the crowd support at Carver
Yes excited playing in front of 3500 fans at the mausoleum vs 10,000 @ Hilton seems a reach

with Iowa’s AA graduated Bluder will have to find new ways to beg fans to attend games

That's right up there with calling Bluder "mom." Can't unread it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Last edited:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think lexi has the best chance of being selected.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
ADVANCE NOTICE

Saturday, February 1 - WDM Dowling at Iowa City High - 1pm

City High features three Division 1 commits (ISU, Marquette and Missouri State) plus a potential 2023 ISU recruit (Kelsey Joens), versus hawk commit (and former Cyclone target) CC.

Postscript: I live six blocks from City High and my three children are alum, so I still attend the occasional game; I printed off the girl's basketball schedule this morning and noticed they play Dowling - thought some of you women's fans might be interested!

REMINDER: Dowling at City High - 1PM on Saturday, February 1

If any ISU fans are coming to IC for the game, message me so we can do lunch at Joensey's and carpool to City High!!!

• Winner
Reactions: BoxsterCy

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Iowa City High beat Dowling 75-73 on a Aubrey Joens lay-up with 3.7 seconds left.
Joens ended up with 27 points, Clark 34 poin
EPusoM0XkAEolSc
ts.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
REMINDER: Dowling at City High - 1PM on Saturday, February 1

If any ISU fans are coming to IC for the game, message me so we can do lunch at Joensey's and carpool to City High!!!

So #1 City High prevailed, 75-73, on an Aubrey Joens basket with four seconds remaining. Very entertaining contest, well-played by both teams! The best player on the court was C. Clark, who scored an effortless 34 and wasn’t half as selfish as expected! Aubrey scored 29 but the City victory was keyed by Marquette recruit Rose Nkumu. I hope to see this rematch in the state tournament!

Reactions: NWICY

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I personally am not a Bluder fan goes almost without saying. That recruiting style has been pretty much documented. She is a decent coach. Calling her a "guy" is beneath us and unappealing to some readers. (read below if you want my experience).

-----
In 2009 my high school age daughter, Trish, was toying with attending vet school among other possible careers in Politics, music (concert Viola) or medicine. She was the "Ellie Mae Clampett-type" with critters, yet scored a 31 on her ACT. She played softball well, was very athletic, and rather strong--but not a D-1 talent. My wife and I as ISU grads both were hoping to have her as a Cyclone and gave glowing reviews.

Acquainting herself with several prospective schools, while trying to figure things out, she started reading CF for fun and even posted under my name once. She followed Alison Lacey's career at ISU and watched WBB. Eventually, she settled on Politics and went to George Washington U. in DC. Trish then went on to working for WI Senator Russ Feingold. After he left office, she returned to school going into medicine. She admitted one day about things she read here that weren't to her liking, but it wasn't a factor in her school decision. What exactly she read I can't say, but I suspect it was in the vein of calling Bluder a guy or worse.

I apologize from the bottom of my heart if calling lisa bluder a guy drove your daughter away from her family and out of state. I can only imagine how horrible it must have been to read that. I'm really glad everything worked out in the end it sounds like.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I apologize from the bottom of my heart if calling lisa bluder a guy drove your daughter away from her family and out of state. I can only imagine how horrible it must have been to read that. I'm really glad everything worked out in the end it sounds like.
She never read your post as she hasn't been here in years. And, you failed to note in my original post what she read here "wasn't a factor in her school decision." She just wanted me know that stuff here may be reflective of the mindset and may have an affect on recruits.

Otherwise, I don't know where you are going with this reply. But wherever you are going, enjoy the ride.

225629_fat_guy_in_car.jpg

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Current postseason status of our four incoming players. I'll edit this post with updates.

Lexi Donarski (Aquinas HS, Wisconsin): Sectional Bracket
Regional Semi (2/28): 94-44 win over Darlington. Donarski hit 2000 career points and had 22 on the game. Article
Regional Final (2/29): 77-47 win over Luther. Donarski had 28. Article
Sectional Semi (3/5): 86-40 win over Mineral Point. Donarski had 24. Article
Sectional Final (3/7): 73-34 win over Cambridge. Donarski had 30. Article
State Semi (3/12): vs TBD in Green Bay

Kylie Feuerbach (Sycamore HS, Illinois): Sectional Bracket
(note: with the articles below, you can read the whole thing if you hit the stop button on the browser before the "subscriber-only content" thing loads)
Regional Semi (2/18): 61-27 win over Rochelle. Feuerbach with 17 points in around half of the game (starters sat most of the second half). Article
Regional Final (2/20): 68-36 win over Dixon. Feuerbach with 23 points despite not scoring in the first 12 minutes (Dixon keyed on her but the rest of the Sycamore team did their part to get out to an early lead) and sitting out the entire 4th quarter. Article
Sectional Semi (2/25): 66-59 win over Burlington Central. Feuerbach with 21 points despite being the primary focus of the opposing defense. Article
Sectional Final (2/27): 61-55 loss to Montini Catholic. Feuerbach had 23 points. Article

Montini coach Jason Nichols said off the top of his head Feuerbach is one of the three best players in the state.

"That kid is a load. She's awesome. She's classy," Nichols said. "She's a good kid. And Sycamore's tough."

[Sycamore coach Adam] Wickness said it was a fitting end to Feuerbach's career with the Spartans.

"She kept us in it and hit some big shots," Wickness said. "Her defense was unbelievable. All the things we talked about with her being able to cover so much space, or coming up with big plays, that was tonight."

Aubrey Joens (Iowa City High, Iowa): Regional Bracket | State Bracket
Regional Semi (2/22): 72-32 win over Iowa City Liberty. Joens had 15 points. Box Score (couldn't find an article)
Regional Final (2/25): 70-21 win over Dubuque Hempstead. Joens had 17 points (15 in the first quarter). Article
State Quarter (3/2): 59-40 win over Cedar Rapids Prairie. Joens had 18 points. Article
State Semi (3/5): 71-61 loss to Johnston . Joens had 24 points. Article

Emily Ryan (Claflin-Central Plains HS, Kansas): Regional Bracket | Substate Bracket | State Bracket
Regional Semi (2/28): 86-31 win over Victoria. Ryan had 37 points (pretty typical -- she averages around 30 for her career). Article
Regional Final (2/29): 68-24 win over Otis-Bison (133rd straight win for Central Plains, #3 in GBB history nationwide). Ryan had 29 points to get her to 2928 for her career. No article yet.
Substate Semi (3/6): 82-22 win over Grainfield-Wheatland-Grinnell. Ryan had 30 points, putting her at 2958. No article.
Substate Final (3/7): 89-22 win over Osborne. Ryan had 29, putting her at 2987. No article.
State Quarters (3/12): vs Ingalls @ Dodge City

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron