New Uniforms Revealed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Nice! This is my favorite combo from the current sets they’ve put on the field so far. Assuming they’re going with cardinal pants.
OK then. I’m good, no problem! If it’s b/c/c blk socks shoes mostly, all good!

• Agree
Reactions: exCyDing

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How are uniform decisions made? Captains? Skip? HCMC? Marketing? Equipment czar? ADJP?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It doesn’t look bad but yeah I doubt we do that

Good work on the mock-up, but I hope we never do this. We have enough black alternates.
Agreed. And I think the mock-up might have been Levi S. at ...natty light. Coach hasn’t been mixing any of the black w the cardinal (except helmet) so its going to likely be b/c/c.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
How are uniform decisions made? Captains? Skip? HCMC? Marketing? Equipment czar? ADJP?

Some schools have known, elaborate procedures... vote of the captains, vote of the seniors, etc., something like that, to make a collaborative decision.

From what I have heard, though, this is Campbell's unilateral call for us.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Some schools have known, elaborate procedures... vote of the captains, vote of the seniors, etc., something like that, to make a collaborative decision.

From what I have heard, though, this is Campbell's unilateral call for us.

Perhaps HCMC wears the same thing each day so that he can save his wardrobe decision-making power for game uniforms. Makes sense in a football coach sort of way.

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Perhaps HCMC wears the same thing each day so that he can save his wardrobe decision-making power for game uniforms. Makes sense in a football coach sort of way.

If I had to guess...

Campbell likes variety throughout the season.
Campbell likes contrast (of our outfit compared to an opponent).
Campbell likes black and hates gold.
Campbell is superstitious -- see repeating W/C/W against TTU and W/W/C for Oklahoma and other big road games, that being our "magic" outfit in 2017.

858749714.0.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And since the intro of black w the uniforms, I think a good thing, not mixing the black (generally) w our cardinal and gold, is another good thing. It’s very discrete and shows good forethought. We know Coach likes the black. I suppose the black uniform could have more or even some c/g in it but then it would lose its monochromatic uniqueness. Right now I think it’s intentionally designed to mostly be ‘stand alone’. I’m sure it will evolve and change over time. At least Coach isn’t doing a bunch of weird black combinations, knock on wood.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
And since the intro of black w the uniforms, I think a good thing, not mixing the black (generally) w our cardinal and gold, is another good thing. It’s very discrete and shows good forethought. We know Coach likes the black. I suppose the black uniform could have more or even some c/g in it but then it would lose its monochromatic uniqueness. Right now I think it’s intentionally designed to mostly be ‘stand alone’. I’m sure it will evolve and change over time. At least Coach isn’t doing a bunch of weird black combinations, knock on wood.

"Monochromatic uniqueness!" You design guys know how to talk too!

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
If I had to guess...

Campbell likes variety throughout the season.
Campbell likes contrast (of our outfit compared to an opponent).
Campbell likes black and hates gold.
Campbell is superstitious -- see repeating W/C/W against TTU and W/W/C for Oklahoma and other big road games, that being our "magic" outfit in 2017.

858749714.0.jpg

one time i guessed...

on a fart.

boy i was wrong.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
After that visual dumpster douche that was the Camping World Bowl uniforms.....can Campbell and Pollard and Wintersteen just get together and agree we are going to sport the 49er uniforms? For the sake of the institution and all that is dear to the bells of Iowa State?