This is why Prohm must go........

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Based on Prohm's sideline reactions in the first 4 minutes of the game Solo was lost. Numerous times in those first 4 minutes he was frustrated and on the last mistake he had enough and yelled for George to go in.
As disgusting as it sounds.. you should rewatch the game. It all went to crap when the pea brains screaming for conditt got their wish. The ONLY thing killing the line up while solo is in is that for some reason he is hand cuffed to Jacobson.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
As disgusting as it sounds.. you should rewatch the game. It all went to crap when the pea brains screaming for conditt got their wish. The ONLY thing killing the line up while solo is in is that for some reason he is hand cuffed to Jacobson.

I agreed I think the doubling in the post was dumb. But Prohm was in my line of sight while watching the game and in the first 4 minutes he was PISSED at Solo.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I agreed I think the doubling in the post was dumb. But Prohm was in my line of sight while watching the game and in the first 4 minutes he was PISSED at Solo.
I just laughed when I reread the ONLY problem.. there is to many to count but solo was solid and wasn’t getting beat the double team was getting beat.

• Funny
Reactions: Halincandenza

Torks Pub

Dec 16, 2006
Ankeny

I sit behind the bench and your initial comment was accurate. Prohm did yell for Conditt to go in.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Prohm's extension really isn't that bad for ISU. 3 years at $2.3 million and 50% buyout only adds about $3.4 million to a buyout. Plus, he was only contracted through 2022 which is rare in the coaching industry to have a contract with less than 3 years left on it.

If we were to fire him after this year (which will never happen), I believe we would owe him about $5.7 million which isn't terrible by college coaching contracts. If we fired him after next year (more likely if we suck again), we'd own him about $4.5 million. Again, not ideal, but manageable.
That's like half a pedistrian bridge! Lol

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Tim Floyd did have the #2 rated class one year unfortunately they didn’t all make it to ISU.

Actually, one publication had that class as #1 in the country. But, as you said, they didn't all make it, and then to make matters worse one of the best recruits was stolen by the football coach.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Whatever it was he looked pretty pissed/frustrated when he yelled for Conditt.
Well if he was pissed at solo he had no reason to be at that moment. The play before conditt went to the check in abaji hit a guarded floater over solo.. and? up until that it was sort of a stale mate becuase with solo in the game the post was completely gummed up. A couple guys hit threes but after the initial substitution the lane opened up for KU. I rewatched up until conditt came in. And solo was fighting with azabuke and doing just fine considering it’s KU. We might out tough KU but throwing in the tiny lineup thinking we were going to beat the KU guards with ours... prohm ball

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
He got a pretty good ovation when he walked out on the court last night. I was actually surprised thinking there wouldn't be much of one.

Actually my son pointed out how nobody cheered when he came out. A few supporters that sit near the bench clapped and that was about it. When Hoiberg came out the place would go nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to hear some boos when he comes out.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Actually my son pointed out how nobody cheered when he came out. A few supporters that sit near the bench clapped and that was about it. When Hoiberg came out the place would go nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to hear some boos when he comes out.

No one is going to boo the man coming on to the court....leaving....maybe.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Well I don't sit behind the bench and am pretty far away. I was actually surprised by the ovation he got as I was expecting not much of one. It was enough of an ovation for my wife to ask what the cheering was for.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Well if he was pissed at solo he had no reason to be at that moment. The play before conditt went to the check in abaji hit a guarded floater over solo.. and? up until that it was sort of a stale mate becuase with solo in the game the post was completely gummed up. A couple guys hit threes but after the initial substitution the lane opened up for KU. I rewatched up until conditt came in. And solo was fighting with azabuke and doing just fine considering it’s KU. We might out tough KU but throwing in the tiny lineup thinking we were going to beat the KU guards with ours... prohm ball

Well none of us know the game plan and who was or wasn't executing it. My post wasn't saying Solo was not executing it was pointing out Prohm's reaction to Solo, which would seem to indicate Solo wasn't executed. Prohm usually is very animated on the sidelines so this stood out to me.

Cyclone951

Nov 29, 2019
Give me a break. Coaches can absolutely maximize good not great talent in college hoops, and ISU is nowhere near doing that. The key is to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

Prohm defenders are amazing. What resume did he have? He took over at Murray with a team that Kennedy built and once his influence was felt in the program and on the court they never saw the NCAA Tourney again. The program was not better than when he took over in fact it was worse.

Same thing at ISU. As Fran Frachsilla always said, the 2016 team coached itself. He never made that team better. He’s never beaten a Power 6 team in the NCAA Tourney. He’s recruited some talent but what’s the difference if guys like Wigginton never win in the dance?

Letting THT who was the 8th best 3 pt shooter on the team continuously shoot 3s (2nd or 3rd most attempts on the team) and Haliburton the best shooter shoot the 8th most tries is indicative of Prohm coaching. Wtf. Take control, and make the right decisions.

Losing 2 recruits leave a week before the season. McKay hated Prohm, Lard also. There were many rumors that Wigginton would’ve transferred had he not declared for the draft. Watching the attitudes and shot selection of some of his players. ISU still doesn’t know what a block out is and plays undisciplined.

Prohm has not been good. The program is much worse than where it was when he took over. His Sweet 16 was a mirage- look at their draw with that team and understand Niang could’ve coached that team to 2 wins in the dance from the floor. ISU is 2-5 in last 7 vs Power 6 opponents at Hilton.

The program is not better than when he took over, in fact it’s worse. Anyone sense a trend?

Prohm isn't the one out there shooting 34% from the floor when KU is playing, at best, half-assed defense for an entire half of the game. That's what I mean when I say the biggest disparity on display tonight was talent.

We have exactly one obviously-good player: Hali. That's it. Quite literally everyone else has major flaws in their game, and giving them a new head coach (promoted from the current coaching staff nobody else trusts anyway) is not going to magically fix that or make the situation any better. Save that for the end of the season when there's actually candidates to interview and hire and potential to work with. All that can be done right this second is further damage.

And even at that point I'm not confident it'll get any better, 'cuz were looking at a complete, multi-year rebuild that we will most-likely be handing to someone else of Prohm's resume caliber when he came in.

Cyclone951

Nov 29, 2019
Pollard a cross country guy. Fred fell into his lap and given the “success” (lol) of the previous two coaches he had nothing to lose hiring him.

Bring back ISU baseball. Hire a coach who actually made his previous program better. Keep Campbell. Do those things and get this athletic program back on track.

QUOTE="BringBackJohnny, post: 6976918, member: 7416"]Why did we extend Steven last year.... worst AD decision of the last decade. Writing was on the wall the big 12 tourney was a fluke. A happy fluke but not real. The regular season showed us what was real.[/QUOTE]

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man