Halftime Entertainment

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
This was probably already posted or discussed somewhere, so feel free to point me in that direction, but was there any sort of story around why there's no halftime entertainment this year? I looked on cyclones.com and it looks like the only game with anything scheduled at halftime is KState and the FM Acro team.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
They don't want the halftime entertainment to outshine the product on the floor.
axzNPxn_460s.jpg

Reactions: Clonefan32

Cyfanisu

Mar 31, 2019
This was probably already posted or discussed somewhere, so feel free to point me in that direction, but was there any sort of story around why there's no halftime entertainment this year? I looked on cyclones.com and it looks like the only game with anything scheduled at halftime is KState and the FM Acro team.
Hopefull thinking, but perhaps Pollard is saving money for CSP buyout at the end of the year?

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$ and Cyclones125

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
FM Acro team is solid, but i also miss red panda and the olate dogs show.

Don't miss that contortionist.. rubber boy i think it was?

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
They don't want the halftime entertainment to outshine the product on the floor.

I wonder if they're applying that same logic when they select a guy who's clearly never shot a basketball before to do the John Deere 3 pt contest

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Sell the new LED lights and get the old ones! Blah blah don't look good on tv, blah blah.....and player intros should be in full light, lol.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’ve always said have students audition then pic out the best and then give them 6-7 min of open mic comedy act. Could be dangerous but eh, what the hell. It’s a win win, their funny or they suck and then you make fun of them.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I’ve always said have students audition then pic out the best and then give them 6-7 min of open mic comedy act. Could be dangerous but eh, what the hell. It’s a win win, their funny or they suck and then you make fun of them.

I remember that at veishea once. Hiawatha Rutland went out there and basically started talking **** about the crowd. We had a riot a day later. Coincidence, i think not.

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
I wonder if they're applying that same logic when they select a guy who's clearly never shot a basketball before to do the John Deere 3 pt contest

After putting up five air ball's in a row it's time to go overhand or two handed underhand. When will they learn.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I was fully entertained the last time they had 9 year olds playing 5 on 5 during half.