Where does this team find shooting NEXT year even?

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
and this one isn't??? were already at the bottom how much lower do we go??
b3y7qiz2ga311.png

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I will give Prohm this year, but we had better improve a lot next year, or I hope we will be shopping for a new coach after next season. He has been here long enough to have his own recruits in place and should be winning at a fairly high level.

This is his mulligan year, same crap next year. Time for a change.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
All we need is for Tyrese to stay,a couple of Deandre Kane level grad transfers and for all the freshmen to be big 12 caliber players next year and we are right back in the tournament. Idk why you guys are so gloomy about next year.
I'm still trying to figure out if you are serious or not.

• Funny
Reactions: heitclone

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
I will give Prohm this year, but we had better improve a lot next year, or I hope we will be shopping for a new coach after next season. He has been here long enough to have his own recruits in place and should be winning at a fairly high level.

I hope you’re correct but I don’t see this thing turning around quickly.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I just cannot believe how bad this team shoots. How can have team of basketball players and not one be able to hit open shots. Yes the offense gets bogged down most of the time causing some of the issues, but how can you miss open shots at this rate at this level?

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008

I'm not sure why this is a muligan year. The last two teams absolutely imploded and quit down the stretch aside from the 3 game run in the B12 tourney. Lost 5 of 6 and 9 of 10 games.

I don't know why people are shocked about this year's team. We should have seen it coming. Prohm's teams have no toughness whatsoever. This year we have little talent to boot.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016

He already had his mulligan year. In fact in my opinion he's had 2 already (the past 2 seasons). One from the recuiting hole, and one from mismanaging/miscoaching talent last year.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
This year is more of just a failure. We were penned as at least a 7-8-9 seed in the Tournament at the beginning of the year. On paper, this team should've been halfway decent.
Agree on paper we should have been better then last year or at least even. I would have even hoped for competitive in big12 play at this point.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Crazy what difference a year can make. Last year we were talking about how bright our future was with the freshman class and supporting pieces around them. Now, I'm getting flashbacks to the McDermott days. Times are tough.
3 of the key guys we were counting on for this year and next left early. Horton-Tucker, Wigginton and Lard. We aren't a good enough program to just reload after losing that much talent so their early departures killed us.

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
How is the Palmer highschool basketball team doing? Do they have any little Skinners or Pearson's ready for college? We could use some Iowa small town shooters on this team...at least they would play with some heart.