B12 bball "season thread"

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Hard to understand how far oSu basketball has fallen since Eddie Sutton. Man, that guy could coach.

Before the expansion, GIA was an absolute nest. Now it's but a mausoleum to the memory of T. Boone's monied interests. Sad, sad, sad.

And there's no indication that Boynton can coach a lick. He's chasing Shaka's spot.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Hard to understand how far oSu basketball has fallen since Eddie Sutton. Man, that guy could coach.

Before the expansion, GIA was an absolute nest. Now it's but a mausoleum to the memory of T. Boone's monied interests. Sad, sad, sad.

And there's no indication that Boynton can coach a lick. He's chasing Shaka's spot.
Look at the current state of college basketball. Players continuing to declare early and play in the G-league, talent down, fan interest down. Outside of the top 4 in the Big 12 it's a hot mess. It's only going to get worse I'm afraid. Hilton is on its way to turning into GIA. People can't even get rid of $13 tickets for tomorrows game against KU.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Look at the current state of college basketball. Players continuing to declare early and play in the G-league, talent down, fan interest down. Outside of the top 4 in the Big 12 it's a hot mess. It's only going to get worse I'm afraid. Hilton is on its way to turning into GIA. People can't even get rid of $13 tickets for tomorrows game against KU.

I wonder if it's the talent drain or the general attitude by many that the game is so crooked anymore it's not worth watching? While football is controlled by a few elite programs: Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and a few others, it doesn't seem as shady as Auburn, Ku, UK, and Duke hoops. Plus, hoops is so oversaturated.

RealtreeByGod

Feb 25, 2014
KU kinda stunk in the 1st half but played excellent defense are were only down by 6 at half despite being down 10 early.

I'd love to know how many consecutive trips to Kansas that West Virginia has held a 10+ point lead and still lost. That team has been failing to finish us at AFH for what feels like 8 years.

Because WVU constantly gets completely boned by the officiating in the Phog and it's very hard for a team with WVU's old style to win in what's the biggest ref-induced homefield advantage in all of sports/

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Because WVU constantly gets completely boned by the officiating in the Phog and it's very hard for a team with WVU's old style to win in what's the biggest ref-induced homefield advantage in all of sports/
I’m not going to make excuses for Phog refs but by old style you mean “fouling?”

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is Gillepsie (Baylor) just a late bloomer?

I remember he came from a DIII school but they just said he didn't even really play.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Baylor about to get a huge win, they go to Lawrence Saturday. It's early but wins at those two places might put them in the drivers seat.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
That's funny. No team gets helped by the refs more than Wrst Virginia. They are insanely physical and get away with a ton of uncalled fouls simply because the refs cannot possibly call them all. You could have called 20 more fouls on them last Saturday.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Bottom half of the Big 12 is hot garbage. I honestly don’t remember it ever being this bad. College games overall suck this year.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The games are still fun for me. I was in the gym last night to see the Cats lose but once more by a couple of points. Wash, rinse, repeat. Still, I'm not going to stop going because this squad isn't led by Barry Brown and Dean Wade. I mean a mother doesn't give up on her children nor a manager on a struggling employee. It's entertainment after all. Still fun even when losing just to see the process.:rolleyes:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
OU hanging with KU.
End of first half Doke went for a block and whacked his hand on the backboard pretty bad.