Questions include thoughts on
Last nights game
State of the program
Possible decommitment
Major donors response
???

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think there's no way to not be critical of CSP at this point and I'm not sure the CF staff wants to go there.

The collective blog after the Iowa game talked about many things but I don't recall anything pointing out trends in losses under CSP.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I think there's no way to not be critical of CSP at this point and I'm not sure the CF staff wants to go there.

The collective blog after the Iowa game talked about many things but I don't recall anything pointing out trends in losses under CSP.

In a tiny market where articles/new rely on behind the scenes info who is going to be the one to piss off their access pass?

ISU can't control the pre/post game articles but they can shut down access to anything else real quick.

Tough spot to be in.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Ok, call me crazy but here is what I think could be a good change. Steve very much needs some in game help but more so he need's a bad cop as he is the good cop. Discipline seems to have always been a problem.

This probably has 0.1% chance of happening but bring in our old pal Larry Eustachy as an assisstant. The guy has a ton of coaching experience, had some of our best teams ever, and well he does know a little about running a hard practice.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
In a tiny market where articles/new rely on behind the scenes info who is going to be the one to piss off their access pass?

ISU can't control the pre/post game articles but they can shut down access to anything else real quick.

Tough spot to be in.

for sure. Can’t sunshine pump too much or fans will see right through that and you’ll lose respect. Can’t drill the coaches too hard or you’ll lose access/info

• Friendly
Reactions: JBone84

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Tough spot to be in.

Yeah not saying they should just rip him up and it is tough...you can't put a positive spin on last night.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok, call me crazy but here is what I think could be a good change. Steve very much needs some in game help but more so he need's a bad cop as he is the good cop. Discipline seems to have always been a problem.

This probably has 0.1% chance of happening but bring in our old pal Larry Eustachy as an assisstant. The guy has a ton of coaching experience, had some of our best teams ever, and well he does know a little about running a hard practice.

You know, I don’t think that’s a dumb idea. Even if just as a consultant. Larry could be a heck of an assistant if he’s willing to do that but I don’t think he could be an assistant here. Can’t bring in a guy who took us further than anyone lately and not overshadow Prohm. As a consultant, it would be solid though.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
You know, I don’t think that’s a dumb idea. Even if just as a consultant. Larry could be a heck of an assistant if he’s willing to do that but I don’t think he could be an assistant here. Can’t bring in a guy who took us further than anyone lately and not overshadow Prohm. As a consultant, it would be solid though.

Ok, but would a consultant be allowed to come in and go all drill sargent on the team?

I also just don't understand what happened to Jacobson this year. He was so much better last year and you don't just forget how to play basketball. Perhaps he just lost all confidence but that has been the most surprising thing to me this year.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Maybe just listen to an audio recording of a slaughterhouse instead. Maybe lobsters screaming in a pot.

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Ok, but would a consultant be allowed to come in and go all drill sargent on the team?

I also just don't understand what happened to Jacobson this year. He was so much better last year and you don't just forget how to play basketball. Perhaps he just lost all confidence but that has been the most surprising thing to me this year.

Surrounded by a better team last year and is out of place behind the 3 pt line. He hits the 3's, but he is more at home in the paint.

• Agree
Reactions: isu81

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

I think he is just out of position and it messed him up in the head. No clue why they ever thought he could guard the 4. They likely wanted to give those older, proven guys every opportunity in the world to play and have success but it has been an unmitigated disaster.