K State Liberty Bowl

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don't know how the KSU safety can going blasting in there like that with 23 seconds left in the game and Navy at their 45. With that much time left you should never let a receiver run right by you.
Really?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It was a gutsy call, but Navy played the odds of K State being super aggressive in short yardage to gain the first down. Couple with the fact Navy doesn't like to throw the ball, and you figure they bring out their bread and butter (running the football) when they absolutely have to get a first down and it was a brilliant call. Same thing on Navy's last TD. Just a great call to go against how aggressive the K State was overplaying gaps.

It was a great call. I have always been very impressed with all the academies ability to win with less talent. Let's face it, they are not as fast, as big, etc, but they are so disciplined in what they do both offensively and defensively. Just goes to show that everyone could be a lot better by being good with the details.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu and cygrads

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
He's not wrong. We would be letting any other conference have it if they had this performance. Doesn't matter if all teams were underdogs or not. OU and ISU got absolutely destroyed, K State was pushed around all day by Navy and honestly the game wasn't as close as the score and Oklahoma State started out well but looked completely lost once A&M adjusted.
Nope he is not. Big 12 probably better than only than the ACC.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isuno1fan

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Yes, really. He ran right past the guy that caught the ball. Giving up a 45 yard gain is way worse than a first down with 25 seconds left in the game. If they got the first down they still had to get 30 more yards to get in FG range.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Somebody voted this as dumb? How? I completely agree with this. Yes we all got bumped up a level due to OU, but that really didn't change much honestly. Do you think we would have beaten Navy? I sure as hell don't. Nor do I think Oklahoma State is disciplined enough to beat them. I think we match up decently with Texas A&M but still would give the Aggies the edge. OU got obliterated, and the four teams that tied (Texas, ISU, K State and OSU) have all looked like garbage for the most part. We would be absolutely handing it to the Big Ten if this was the type of bowl season they were having and rightly so.

Dude is a terrible poster and only posts negativity.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Not off the top of my head. There aren't many chances either, if you aren't counting big xii teams.

Went backed and looked. The only games I could find against top 25 teams were Texas losing by 7 to LSU and our 1 pt loss to Iowa.

Last edited:

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yes, really. He ran right past the guy that caught the ball. Giving up a 45 yard gain is way worse than a first down with 25 seconds left in the game. If they got the first down they still had to get 30 more yards to get in FG range.
No ****, but players aren’t perfect and you can’t even put in the context of the offense they are facing etc. I mean a fourth down halfback pass, I’m sure you saw it coming right hindsight genius.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
No ****, but players aren’t perfect and you can’t even put in the context of the offense they are facing etc. I mean a fourth down halfback pass, I’m sure you saw it coming right hindsight genius.

Yes, I didn't see it coming. They were 48 yards from the endzone with 24 seconds left in the game. You just can't assume they are going to run the ball, even on 4th down. Just a stupid play, sorry you don't see it that way. I realize that they only throw a handful of pass a game, but even if they make that 1st down, they are 30 yards from a FG at best. They took their shot and KSU got suckered, period.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
No one on earth is more purple than I. I don't think you heard one word from me when the bowl pairings were announced.

Fanatics, give yourselves a big hand. The Cyclone fan base earned the trip to Florida.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron