Who is going Camping!!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Got a few things I'm hoping to take down for tailgating. Anybody willing to haul a few things that won't take much space in a vehicle, but definitely won't go on a plane? Would be willing to trade you a good parking pass at the stadium ($42 value) for the effort.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
We are staying in Clearwater Beach and driving over the morning of the game. Anyone know if the band is going to play for this event?
Dec. 28
Camping World Bowl FanFest: It’s the official bowl pregame tailgate party and features live entertainment, interactive games, inflatables, face painters and premier interactive displays at Tinker Field (outside Camping World Stadium gates D, E and F). Admission is free with a valid game ticket. There will be a wide range of food and beverages available for purchase from local vendors. Start time is 9 a.m. local, 8 a.m. Central.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Ok, just rearranged some stuff, booked airfare and am heading out late on Friday, so I'll be there for the game and coming home Sunday afternoon.

I'm going to be staying at the Homewood Suites just north of the convention center, what's everyone think about parking passes for the game? All that's left is M, P and the high school.

Also, what section are the student seats in? I was thinking of calling the ticket office on one of those Monday.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Not going! This will be another in a long string of Iowa State athletic disappointments this year. I've followed the Cyclones -- good and bad -- for more than 50 years. My hope, my optimism is gone. Iowa Staters have simply learned to be satisfied with mediocrity. The world is trying to love us, we just never seem to show up. Maybe it's a hangover from last night's butt-kickin' at Hilton, but I don't think so. I just don't think we've ever reached a point where we really believe in ourselves.

The good guys string together 3 good years, have the right coach for the job, university commitment to the program....

and this ******* isn't happy. JFC

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
We are staying in Clearwater Beach and driving over the morning of the game. Anyone know if the band is going to play for this event?
Dec. 28
Camping World Bowl FanFest: It’s the official bowl pregame tailgate party and features live entertainment, interactive games, inflatables, face painters and premier interactive displays at Tinker Field (outside Camping World Stadium gates D, E and F). Admission is free with a valid game ticket. There will be a wide range of food and beverages available for purchase from local vendors. Start time is 9 a.m. local, 8 a.m. Central.
No they are not. Last update I got they are doing a parade at Disney, the official pep rally, and the TBD school pep rally. Was hoping to have more pep rally info by this point. F1CB85B1-A3A7-48A9-8462-42DA39020BEC.jpeg A5064E2D-D7D1-48C9-8800-C5ADBEDD10DE.jpeg

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Not going! This will be another in a long string of Iowa State athletic disappointments this year. I've followed the Cyclones -- good and bad -- for more than 50 years. My hope, my optimism is gone. Iowa Staters have simply learned to be satisfied with mediocrity. The world is trying to love us, we just never seem to show up. Maybe it's a hangover from last night's butt-kickin' at Hilton, but I don't think so. I just don't think we've ever reached a point where we really believe in ourselves.

You've followed the Cyclones for 50 years and your breaking point is the most success the football team has ever seen in a 3 year period?

giphy.gif