NFL: ***Official Week 14 Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The scary thing is that Dallas still has the inside track on a home playoff game. There's a scenario out there where they could win the division at 6-10.

That's on the competition committee. Year after year goes by and they never address the playoff seeding system. It's a lock now that the Niners and Seahawks will both have a better record than whoever gets out of the NFC East but since one of them will be a wild card they'll have to go on the road in the first round (the Seahawks benefited from the current system back in 2010 or 2011 when they won the West at 8-8 or 7-9).

Winning your division should guarantee you a playoff spot, but no more than that.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
That's on the competition committee. Year after year goes by and they never address the playoff seeding system. It's a lock now that the Niners and Seahawks will both have a better record than whoever gets out of the NFC East but since one of them will be a wild card they'll have to go on the road in the first round (the Seahawks benefited from the current system back in 2010 or 2011 when they won the West at 8-8 or 7-9).

Winning your division should guarantee you a playoff spot, but no more than that.
My guess is with talk of opening up the playoff field a bit more that this will come into play. Let the regular season determine the playoff teams and then seed them according to record, head to head, etc.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Chiefs are letting the Patriots hang around. Blocked Punt, Kelce fumble while driving the ball.
Seen this happen 1000 times. Patriots win.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyclone.TV

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Refs in this game are making a mockery of this sport, they are getting everything wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They are awful. Luckily for the Chiefs it's been in their favor more often than not.

How on earth does the NFL not review all scoring plays??

I thought there was also an emphasis on letting a play finish out on fumbles on such.

• Agree
Reactions: cstrunk

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
They are awful. Luckily for the Chiefs it's been in their favor more often than not.

How on earth does the NFL not review all scoring plays??
They do review all scoring plays.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
And since he got to the pylon, one ref should have signaled a TD, and then they review afterward.

They scored anyway, but that was weird.
Their incompetence is on full display in this game. And surprisingly mostly in KC’s favor instead of NE. Maybe that will lead to changes but I doubt it.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Chiefs win this but they were not the better team.

Patriots getting shafted by the refs in the regular season... guarantee that won't happen in the playoffs.

if you watched that game, I don’t see how you think Patriots were the better team tonight.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
if you watched that game, I don’t see how you think Patriots were the better team tonight.

I was watching the game. How about the early whistle on the Kelce fumble that should have been a scoop n score? How about the NE TD that was ruled out at the 3 but replay showed he was in but NE was out of challenges? NE settled for a field goal.

Oh yeah the Chiefs only won by 7.