Iowa/Iowa St.

Baseline23

Mar 17, 2012
Aging crowd. Nowadays if you sit in the lower bowl you are next to a bunch of blue hairs who treat the game like they’re attending a sacred pagan ritual. If you disturb this in anyway (make noise, cheer, stand up) then the crow god won’t bless us with a bountiful harvest, or something.
You're thinking of Methodism. Sacred pagan rituals are wild-assed events.

• Funny
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I predict Jacobsen will lose his composure as will McCaffrey. It will shock me if the game goes without any technicals.

As others mentioned, if we double the post it will be a losing formula. Solomon Young and Conditt need to stay out of foul trouble.

Iowa puts up a lot of points so this will be a significant challenge. Yes, Iowa's defense is bad, but we still need to score and that's been a challenge in multiple games this year for the Cyclones.

What's the deal with Bohannan? He can play Thursday and still redshirt?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I predict Jacobsen will lose his composure as will McCaffrey. It will shock me if the game goes without any technicals.

As others mentioned, if we double the post it will be a losing formula. Solomon Young and Conditt need to stay out of foul trouble.

Iowa puts up a lot of points so this will be a significant challenge. Yes, Iowa's defense is bad, but we still need to score and that's been a challenge in multiple games this year for the Cyclones.

What's the deal with Bohannan? He can play Thursday and still redshirt?

Yep so you can expect him to go off for his dream scenario.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Aging crowd. Nowadays if you sit in the lower bowl you are next to a bunch of blue hairs who treat the game like they’re attending a sacred pagan ritual. If you disturb this in anyway (make noise, cheer, stand up) then the crow god won’t bless us with a bountiful harvest, or something.

Sounds like you are describing the WBB crowd. They do, on occasion, get active for the WBB games but it's mostly just to boo any call that doesn't go our way. I don't sense they are there to cheer, just to be pissed and boo cause they like being grumpy old *****. Will check it out for the Iowa game Wednesday.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cyched

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
If we double Garza like I’m betting Prohm will do we will lose.. period.

Michigan was smart.. let Garza get his and shut down letting JW or Jobo even get a shot off

I agree, watched this game and Iowa had very few open looks from outside. Don’t double Garza and defend the perimeter.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
Conditt is going to need to play well, but I worry that he'll end up in foul trouble early against Garza. They're going to try to exploit our weak interior defense to either have Garza do the dirty work or kick it out to Wieskamp or Bohannon for 3s. Will be interested to see the lineups we roll out.

I think we'd be better off with Jacobson on Garza. He's got more size and experience, and that opens up the 4 spot for Conditt and Solo to reek havoc against guys they match up better with.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
1 point favorite tonight vs Seton Hall. Probably 5 point favorites Thursday? Seton Hall is a lot better than Iowa

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
1 point favorite tonight vs Seton Hall. Probably 5 point favorites Thursday? Seton Hall is a lot better than Iowa
We can definitely lose to Iowa if we don’t play well. But it doesn’t require monumental effort from our team to beat them. Iowa is an NIT or NCAA bubble team at best. We are not playing Duke or Kentucky.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I prefer Solo or MJ on Garza, Conditt has a knack for blocking shots but is a wet noodle when it comes to holding his ground in the post. Garza will back him down easily leaving Conditt nothing to do but foul.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I think staying out of foul trouble will be a key factor in this game for our guys underneath. Do that and hit a good percentage of threes and that might be enough. And no John Higgins. .

• Agree
Reactions: Lafaester54

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We can definitely lose to Iowa if we don’t play well. But it doesn’t require monumental effort from our team to beat them. Iowa is an NIT or NCAA bubble team at best. We are not playing Duke or Kentucky.

Line is flying up in favor of us. We might be closer to 8 point favorites vs Iowa by the time it closes

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Bohannon and Frederick are both playing at about half speed right now so I dont see any way they keep up with Tyrese. I dont think our bigs can contain Garza but Michigan didnt either. Just keep attacking with Tyrese and Bolton and I think ISU wins a close one.