Picard

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Damn you CBS! I don't need another streaming service but you're going to make me do it.

• Funny
Reactions: LindenCy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah, definitely hyped for it, the trailer looked great.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Just googled this. I don’t care about it.

However, it’s wild that TV network’s streaming services are offering new TV content now. I feel like regular old TV shows are dead. Does anyone watch a network TV show anymore?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Can’t wait for this! Discovery is also excellent by the way. But Picard is going to check so many boxes for long time fans.

With The Expanse dropping on Amazon next week, the ST Picard in January, followed by Discovery, this is going to be a great winter for science fiction fans. I’m pumped!

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Seems like Baby Yoda is using up all the oxygen in sci-fi right now. Still, I have hopes for this series. The really epic thing about this show is that we should get to see the other side of the coin concerning the supernova that destroyed Romulus in the 2009 Star Trek movie: how that event looked and played out in the prime universe, and its aftermath there.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Can’t wait for this! Discovery is also excellent by the way. But Picard is going to check so many boxes for long time fans.

With The Expanse dropping on Amazon next week, the ST Picard in January, followed by Discovery, this is going to be a great winter for science fiction fans. I’m pumped!

Rise of Skywalker Dec 20 (Mandolorian series ends Dec 27)

The Witcher series drops Dec 22

Doctor Who Season 12 starts Jan 1

Picard starts Jan 23

No reason to even go outside this winter.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneIce

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

Picard starts Jan 23

I can't wait for the Obi Wan series on Disney+. I hope they take some elements of the Kenobi book that is now in Legends category, I really enjoyed that one.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

Picard starts Jan 23

Also, new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars drops on Disney+ in February.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cannot wait for the Expanse. Pumped.

Will be interesting to see if they maintain the same production levels they previously established. Was pretty blow away with the big cinema like levels of their visuals and the acting.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
With all of the competing streaming services I am thinking maybe it's time to drop Netflix. Seems like is just loaded with crap now. So much competition between them for movies now that nobody offers a great catalog of those anymore. Most of their original content is sub par. For what they offer it should be like $5/month, not what they are currently charging.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Will be interesting to see if they maintain the same production levels they previously established. Was pretty blow away with the big cinema like levels of their visuals and the acting.

From everything I’ve seen, if anything they have been improved!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
With all of the competing streaming services I am thinking maybe it's time to drop Netflix. See,s like is just loaded with crap now. So much competition between them for movies now that nobody offers a great catalog of those anymore. Most of their original content is sub par. For what they offer it should be like $5/month, not what they are currently charging.

Serious question- how do you quantify the difference between $5 and $10 per month? Seems like the difference between Netflix and others is pure quantity, not quality.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
This doesn't relate to Picard directly, but if you are of fan of the Roddenberry Star Trek series (as opposed to the shoot-em-up sacrilege of the later Star Trek abominations, i.e. Discovery) you may find this interesting.

Fontana.jpg
Also NY Times obit indicates that Spock, and Star Trek as we know it, were just serendipity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/arts/dc-fontana-star-trek.html

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

The whole cast is back, and honestly I have no concerns about the amount spent. For one, Bezos is a huge fan of the Expanse. So he's not going to let it slip because he wants to see good episodes. Perks of being a billionaire.

Second, I think they want the Expanse to be a tentpole show for them. Fleabag is done, We're still some time away from the LoTR show, and really what else do they have on their service? Maisel is blah now, Jack Ryan is fine, The Boys is good... after that they really don't have that much original programming. That said I'm pretty excited for Invincible too which is coming sometime in 2020, great cast.

• Friendly
Reactions: Roadking