Picard

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
I do that for almost everything. None of these services have content I need/want for a year but all of them have stuff I want for 1-2 months. Paramount + is definitely only in that for me because of Star Trek, but I did enjoy The Stand series too and streamed the Godfather trilogy one weekend when I had a cold.

Prime I always have which works out for older Star Trek...at least for now.
I would have prime for just the free shipping

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
So am I the only one that buys the streaming service ever year or two - binges the treks - and then cancels until there are several more trek seasons to binge again?

I'm 100% this. Outside of Disney+ (I locked in for 3 years @ $3.90/month), and Amazon Prime (have more for free shipping), I jump streaming services more than a bag of popcorn kernels in the microwave. Even Netflix is completely hit or miss with me now that they keep losing all their non-Netflix original content. I will say that even when my Disney+ 3 years ends, I'll still probably always maintain that one as it is almost an essential with young kids, especially being fully downloadable for road trips on the IPad. I will say the new Paramount+ did themselves some major favors with us on the kids front too with them adding all their Nickelodeon content, which makes them much more valuable to someone like me now too.