NFL: ***Official Week 14 Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Starts with Dallas @ Chicago - I think the Bears' win over Detroit last Thursday was probably fool's gold but we'll see. They're catching the Cowboys in the midst of a slump, so you never know.

Baltimore @ Buffalo - This one could be a sneaky good game. I'm still not totally sold on Josh Allen but the Bills are taking what he offers at QB and making it work. They're only one game back of the Pats with the second game of their head to head series still to be played.

San Fran @ New Orleans - Huge playoff implications here. The Saints have locked up the NFC South but the #1 seed is still very much in play for them and the Niners.

KC @ NE - AFC Championship rematch. I can't believe this game didn't land on Sunday or Monday night. The Chiefs have all but locked up the AFC West. If they can go into Foxboro and beat the Pats it puts them back in the hunt for a top two seed and first round bye, and it potentially knocks the Pats into a tie with the Bills if Buffalo can get the upset W over Baltimore.

SEA @ LA Rams - The Rams are showing signs of life again. Could be a shootout.

NYG @ PHI - Maybe your last chance to see Eli Manning in action. Monday night thriller.

Reactions: cstrunk

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Good games this week.

Idk how the Bears are 6-6 (despite their terrible coach and QB) and idk how the Cowboys are 6-6 (prima donnas). But the Cowboys are a better team and win.

New Orleans is 10-2 and you hardly hear anything about them. Sneaky sneaks.

Yeah, the Saints have been very good very quietly. I guess it's probably easier to do when a team ran away with a division like they have. They could be the only team in the NFC South to finish with a record of at least 8-8.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Colts signed kicker Chase McLaughlin off waivers last night after Adam Vinatieri missed practice with a knee issue. Might finally be the end of the line for Vinny. I don't expect the Colts to carry two kickers on their active roster going into Sunday.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The Colts signed kicker Chase McLaughlin off waivers last night after Adam Vinatieri missed practice with a knee issue. Might finally be the end of the line for Vinny. I don't expect the Colts to carry two kickers on their active roster going into Sunday.
Dude is in George Blanda territory

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Dude is in George Blanda territory

Yeah, it's been bad. But kicking has been bad all around the league. They've worked out other guys throughout the season and didn't think that any of those guys would be an upgrade. I'm kind of hoping they just put him on IR and out of his misery.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's almost like targeting the short stuff and taking what's available can move the ball down the field for Chicago.

Weird.

Edit never mind.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Where has this Bears team been? Reminds me of the Viking game. Don't know why. ;)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Cowboys look done.

I don't see the talent and haven't all season.

The talking heads just wanted them to be relevant again.

Bears look renewed but too little too late.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Don't know if Jerry goes to road games but Garrett should be fired before he gets to the locker room.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The scary thing is that Dallas still has the inside track on a home playoff game. There's a scenario out there where they could win the division at 6-10.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Sounds like Roquan Smith done for the year. Bears with a lot of injuries this year.