***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
But KSU has shown they can and will pass, so game planning to stop both the pass and run is harder than just game planning to stop the run.

And I would suspect if we did play Navy you'd see a entire different defensive scheme employed.

Assignment football. Toledo played them when CMC there.

Last edited:

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Recent History: FYI-
Camping:
15 #18 Baylor vs North Carolina
16 #14 West V vs Miami
17 #17 Ok-St vs V-Tech
18 #15 West V vs Syr

Houston:
15 Tech vs LSU
16 K-St vs A&M
17 Texas vs Mizz
18 Baylor vs Vandy

Liberty/Memphis:
15 K-State vs Arkansas
16 TCU vs Georgia
17 ISU vs Memphis
18 OkState vs Mizz

Phoenix:
15 West V vs ASU
16 Baylor vs Boise St
17 K-State vs UCLA
18 TCU vs Cal

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Memphis is going to be a hard sell for alot of ISU fans I feel. Really would love the Cheez-It Bowl simply to be in Phoenix this time of year. 70 and sunny in December, sign me up.
And likely playing #23 Navy would be almost as difficult a game as Memphis was 2 years ago. Their only losses are to Memphis (by12 at Memphis) and to Notre Dame (beaten handily).

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
True but playing a ranked team on sr day with your stands half full is not a good optics for bowl reps...

I bet that matters next to nothing. Did you read the freak out on here after the Drake game last season? We played ourselves into the toilet bowl according to many. The stands were empty and the team played like crap.

The next day they announced we were going to our best bowl in history.

Point is, 1 game doesn't mean squat.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
I bet that matters next to nothing. Did you read the freak out on here after the Drake game last season? We played ourselves into the toilet bowl according to many. The stands were empty and the team played like crap.

The next day they announced we were going to our best bowl in history.

Point is, 1 game doesn't mean squat.
Which goes with my thoughts...

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Ok I’ve been thinking about this. I had ISU all the way down to the Cheezit. But the Thing to remember is ISU, Okie State, TX ans KState all tied for 3rd in the conference. Plus I didn’t think the B12 could make the CFP, but now I’m leaning that way. So that’d put a 2nd team in the NY6. That leaves the 4 teams all on the same line. Only differences are OSU and KState have one more win and OSU is ranked.
Obviously TX is a strong candidate for the Alamo. How do they not take them? So now we go to Camping World. They’ve been banking on TX, but without them, OSU was there 2 years ago plus has QB issues. KST just beat us but in front of a half full stadium on senior night. WE on the other hand had 50k+ for Kansas the week before. They wanted us last year and WE travelled in droves to San Antonio....In this scenario I can see them taking ISU.

Every day I attempt to take my "fandom" out of this but every day I continue to think the same thing. These bowls want people in their cities and stadium so why would they not take Iowa State over teams like OK State without their best WR & QB and KSU who may have some additional fan support after a year away from a bowl but they don't have the same reputation as Cyclone fans. This also doesn't help
https://themercury.com/k_state_spor...cle_ba234812-7d44-584e-90e5-26a5d746ac9b.html

Have I drank too much of JP's Kool-Aid or should we be considered the clubhouse leader for Orlando once the Big 12 gets both OU and Baylor in NY6 or CFBP and Alamo stays in state with Texas?

• Agree
Reactions: 2daJack

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Have I drank too much of JP's Kool-Aid or should we be considered the clubhouse leader for Orlando once the Big 12 gets both OU and Baylor in NY6 or CFBP and Alamo stays in state with Texas?

It's actually JP who's raining on the Orlando parade with his radio comments. Even though some sites like 247 still have us in the CWB vs. Notre Dame, I've kind of lost hope with JP's Memphis lean prediction.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you don't know the difference between preparing for a team like KSU who can and will throw the ball vs a team like navy that won't throw the ball then I am surprised you are smart enough be able to post in CF.

Jamahl Johnson would have a field day.

He is a hawk troll, ignore him.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I have to disagree with those who think that Memphis would be a hard sell to our fans, or that we would not travel well there. Cyclone fans are some of the best traveling fans in the country. Memphis is drivable. We would still have an excellent turnout even though we’ve been there twice recently.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I have to disagree with those who think that Memphis would be a hard sell to our fans, or that we would not travel well there. Cyclone fans are some of the best traveling fans in the country. Memphis is drivable. We would still have an excellent turnout even though we’ve been there twice recently.

I would imagine attendance would be down compared to ISU's prior visits there, but still at a respectable level just due to the ease of drive.

Houston or Phoenix, on Dec 27, is a tougher ask, imo.

• Agree
Reactions: everyyard

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I would imagine attendance would be down compared to ISU's prior visits there, but still at a respectable level just due to the ease of drive.

Houston or Phoenix, on Dec 27, is a tougher ask, imo.

Orlando feels tough as well based on the cost of travel from anywhere in the midwest. The potential ND matchup would pull in some fans who say they won't be going this year but Memphis is probably our best option from an overall attendance perspective.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Meh. Students were still on Thanksgiving break, the weather was awful and ISU isn't the most exciting of opponents (no offense). The Saturday home game two days after Thanksgiving has been the least attended game the past few years.
The thing I did forget to add in KStates favor is the win over Oklahoma. If the Sooners ein on Saturday that’s a big plus...

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Memphis is going to be a hard sell for alot of ISU fans I feel. Really would love the Cheez-It Bowl simply to be in Phoenix this time of year. 70 and sunny in December, sign me up.
There are a lot of Cyclone fans that will go to the gates of hell to support these players and coaches. Just because Memphis may not be as warm and cozy as Phoenix is irrelevant. Just because they played there two years ago? Doesn't matter. If they go, I go.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm of the opinion that I don't totally understand the whole I'll go here but I won't go there. I get different timing factors play into that some. I can't go to the bowl game this year no matter what but if I was able to, I would go to the bowl game and wouldn't give a crap where it was.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
There are a lot of Cyclone fans that will go to the gates of hell to support these players and coaches. Just because Memphis may not be as warm and cozy as Phoenix is irrelevant. Just because they played there two years ago? Doesn't matter. If they go, I go.

I'd go to the game but it'll be drive down and drive right back. No tourist dollars from me.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron