Campbell Extended

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Love it. Dude is all in on BUILDING a program and doing unprecedented things at a place like ISU. Let the other pu**ies take the path of lesser resistance and stand on the shoulders of their predecessors.

Now fans need to get to work and buy tickets and buy lots of official ISU merch for everyone for Christmas.

It's fine for people to be a little disappointed this year with the elevated expectations. But I think it makes great sense to reward and do whatever you can to retain the staff that is the reason those expectations were so high.

Not long ago most fans thought at best we could be plucky little ISU that would get outgained by 150 yards every game, but hopefully can play a clean game, get a couple turnovers and get the ball to bounce our way and string together a few 7 and 8 win seasons.

Instead with the 7th highest SOS ISU was favored in what, 10 games, played sloppy as hell, dominated yardage and YPP in most games. I see that as progress and something I did not think was possible. Elevation of a program isn't linear, and there's enough uncertainty and randomness where the same team might swing between 10-2 and 7-5 on a few plays or breaks. That's just the way it is.

It's a great day for ISU athletics.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I'm pretty sure Perry Ellis has some eligibility remaining...we could make him a red zone tight end if he wants to enter the transfer portal. (Rolls eyes)

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Excellent news! Really happy for everyone involved and hope now that this helps retain the staff also.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron