Do you consider Kansas State a rival?

• Yes

Votes: 147 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 59 28.6%

• Total voters

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I still think the marketing/branding wunderkinds are missing out on not making this a trophy game....how hard could it be? A freaking tractor tire you roll off the field would be appropriate. People mock Nebraska and Minnesota's trophy games....but I think it is really a good thing. I got a trophy for dancing once.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Not a rivalry until we start winning a few. The way we keep losing this matchup is annoying.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
?? Our academic profile and standing are much more similar to a Purdue, Michigan State or Penn State than KSU.
Sure, but we arent in the big ten. And if we were our rivals would probably be Minnesota and Wisconsin. We're both the land grant school in rural states with two major state run universities. I think that's what farminclone was getting at

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I still think the marketing/branding wunderkinds are missing out on not making this a trophy game....how hard could it be? A freaking tractor tire you roll off the field would be appropriate. People mock Nebraska and Minnesota's trophy games....but I think it is really a good thing. I got a trophy for dancing once.

Tell us more Dirty!

Reactions: Doc

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
IMO, the hate just isn't there to be a true rivalry. We are old Big 8 foes with a close overall record and similar fan bases. To me, when one school is having success, the other one simply wonders "Why not us?"

K-State and Okie State are two easy teams to root for when the results don't affect Iowa State.

I consider KSU a rival but I've felt more hatred for Baylor and that **** they pulled last year in Ames amplified that.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Rivals but in a friendly way. Wish we could do better in FB but they are usually close games. Your fan base is civil and easy to get along with like ours. The only hate rivalry ISU really has in my opinion is Iowa, F*ck Iowa. They are annoying and obnoxious win or lose.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
I consider KSU a rival but I've felt more hatred for Baylor and that **** they pulled last year in Ames amplified that.

but not the covering up of the rapes? They sold their soul, only to get trucked in the Cotton Bowl.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
but not the covering up of the rapes? They sold their soul, only to get trucked in the Cotton Bowl.

The covering up the rapes was the source of the hatred...

Semantics but 42-41 and blowing a big lead isn't getting trucked, no matter how hard you want to spin the B1G angle.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m wanting to get something rolling with the hillbillies. A couple more wins and that would be fun. I think that would be the best.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I say not a rival. I would think that you get more emotional or anxious when playing a rival. K State doesn't even move the needle for me.
By this definition, KU is our rival because every other year we almost lose and I want to throw up.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
By this definition, KU is our rival because every other year we almost lose and I want to throw up.

Brings up a dynamic, are we talking football or overall. Basketball I’d say Kansas. Football KState would be more of the conference rival. Like I mentioned earlier, getting WV turned into a FB rival would be best.