***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
It would make zero sense for the B1G to go back to an 8 game conference schedule. For starters, the Networks aren't going to allow it...

The networks might even prefer it. They own the rights to every B1G schools’ home games whether they’re conference games or not. They would have more sway over non-con schedules with more non-con games to play with (the season-opening neutral site games are often arranged with the help of ESPN).

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The networks might even prefer it. They own the rights to every B1G schools’ home games whether they’re conference games or not. They would have more sway over non-con schedules with more non-con games to play with (the season-opening neutral site games are often arranged with the help of ESPN).

Networks are the ones who pushed for them to go to 9

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
CFP - OU
Sugar - Baylor
Alamo - Texas
Camping - OSU
Texas - KSU
Liberty - ISU

Alamo/Camping/Texas may change picks but we won't get picked before those 3. If Baylor beats OU and OU somehow winds up at the Alamo we'll be in Tempe

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
CFP - OU
Sugar - Baylor
Alamo - Texas
Camping - OSU
Texas - KSU
Liberty - ISU

Alamo/Camping/Texas may change picks but we won't get picked before those 3. If Baylor beats OU and OU somehow winds up at the Alamo we'll be in Tempe

Your scenario seems right but I would swap KSU and ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY and cygrads

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Your scenario seems right but I would swap KSU and ISU.

KSU is going to end the year in the CFP top 25 most likely. That makes a difference to bowl people. The way their season went will also likely give the impression they will travel well. That ******* game will cost us significantly in bowl selection

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Tired of the same bowl tie ins for big 12 year after year. When do bowls change their conference tie-ins?

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
What would you do in Orlando if you don't go to Disney or Universal Studios? It's basically a swamp in the middle of a pine forest. Honest question. I've been to Orlando twice. Once for Universal and once for Disney. Didn't venture into Orlando much. Wasn't impressed with what I saw.
Actually, Downtown Orlando around Lake Eola is very nice. I went to High School in Orlando (Boone) and loved living there. Of course, the locals avoid Disney, Universal Studios, etc. down in Osceola County like the plague! Bottom Line: Orlando Great! Touristy Area in the next county Yuck!

• Agree
Reactions: CarolinaCy

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
  • Agree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
I for one would love to go back to memphis, it is the closest bowl, it fits in better with the holiday schedule and every time I have been there it has been a blast. The camping world bowl is on a saturday this year which is nice but its a lot harder to get to and I have no desire to go to Disney.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Tired of the same bowl tie ins for big 12 year after year. When do bowls change their conference tie-ins?

This is the closest to "official" I could find for 2020-25 cycle ... according to WatchStadium: Bowl lineup for next 6 cycles to be announced

According to this source, Big 12 tie-ins remain the same, only notable difference is Cheez-It opponent is Big Ten instead of Pac-12.

Excerpt:
Big 12 (7 bowls)
2020-25 lineup:
Sugar vs. SEC
Alamo vs. Pac-12
Camping World vs. ACC
Texas vs. SEC
Liberty vs. SEC
Cheez-It vs. Big Ten
Armed Forces vs. Group of 5/First Responder vs. Group of 5
Changes: None. The Big 12 will maintain its same bowl affiliations in the new bowl cycle. The Big 12 will play three SEC opponents and one each from the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12. The biggest changes will be facing the Big Ten instead of the Pac-12 in the Cheez-It Bowl and facing a Group of 5 opponent in the Armed Forces/First Responder bowls.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Overall Big 12 tie-ins aren't awe-inspiring, but its top end is fine and the geographic variation is interesting, at least. And we don't have Pinstripe or Independence anymore (or, going further back, In-Humanitarian).

Edit/addition: A little more variety to keep options from being stale, though, especially for fans who are able to go almost every year (I'm not fortunate enough to be among them). Maybe if some tie-ins to decent-level bowls could rotate among conferences year-to-year.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Anybody else think the idea of bowl tie-ins is dumb and outdated? Just group them into tiers, and let them "draft" or "claim" their choice of teams.

It would eliminate the pandering by the ADs and make the selection that much more interesting.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I wouldn't put money on his big 12 predictions, but would love if its all correct. ISU vs ND and Texas forced into Liberty vs AAC opponent.

We might have better shot at winning liberty or cheer-whiz than camping world, but cwb is higher in prefer and likely more intriguing opponent.
Maybe I’m still bitter from Saturday but I really don’t think we deserve the bowl in Orlando.