Football Season Postmortem

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I think here is the question that we all need to answer.

Are we confident that the leadership our program has is moving the program in a positive direction? If so, I think we have to trust in what we've got. Programs are built in fits and starts. This year was a little bit of a fit.

If you don't think the program is going in the right direction, you should be advocating for a coaching change and probably should just find another team to support.

Lord would you just shut up and let people reasonably vent after a loss.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Lord would you just shut up and let people reasonably vent after a loss.

If you can ***** about things, I can vent about fans like you.

There's reasonable venting (of which there is some) and there is even more unreasonable venting, which I have a problem with.

Venting about having a disappointing season is reasonable. Saying that Purdy is the only reason that Campbell isn't on the hot seat is not reasonable. Saying that we should decline the bowl game is not reasonable. Saying that just because Matt Campbell hasn't personally called you up to tell you that the team sucks is not reasonable.

Some people on here will have no reason to ***** if Campbell leaves.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
giphy.webp

I'm sure everyone associated with the team is having a bad evening. The sun will come up and evaluation of film will start.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
giphy.webp

I'm sure everyone associated with the team is having a bad evening. The sun will come up and evaluation of film will start.

You mean just because Campbell says nice things about his players to the press, that he might not be happy with how they played in private? That seems very unlikely since I expect Campbell to air all of the team's dirty laundry to all of us.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
If you can ***** about things, I can vent about fans like you.

There's reasonable venting (of which there is some) and there is even more unreasonable venting, which I have a problem with.

Venting about having a disappointing season is reasonable. Saying that Purdy is the only reason that Campbell isn't on the hot seat is not reasonable. Saying that we should decline the bowl game is not reasonable. Saying that just because Matt Campbell hasn't personally called you up to tell you that the team sucks is not reasonable.

Some people on here will have no reason to ***** if Campbell leaves.

It isn’t reasonable to state an uncomfortable truth?

Guess what? Purdy is on the team therefore Campbell isn’t on the hot seat.

Maybe, just maybe this can be seen as a compliment to both Purdy and Campbell for recognizing his talents...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It isn’t reasonable to state an uncomfortable truth?

Guess what? Purdy is on the team therefore Campbell isn’t on the hot seat.

Maybe, just maybe this can be seen as a compliment to both Purdy and Campbell for recognizing his talents...

I still think it is a really stupid point.

I mean, if Campbell didn't have Joel Lanning and Allen Lazard two years ago, he's probably be on the hot seat too.

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
I love our coach and the staff. They have recruited better players every year. I am so disappointed that in every area of the field, young guys are playing very well except the O-line. One underclassman playing is sad that our O-line recruits have not won snaps with the poor play we have seen. I admit there have been games when I thought the O-line was adequate. But tonight in particular, it really looked like we could not block for run or pass.

I believe the Purdy slide and the fact he was coached to slide from fall camp on is a true representation that there is not a true qualified backup on the roster. Perhaps why we have two QB's in the next class.

A few short years ago, I would be thrilled with 3 winning seasons in a row, I feel disappointed this year and this night in particular. This game is the first game we lost by more than one possession. It is against a mediocre team with a first year head coach. I almost feel like we were out-coached tonight. The other 4 losses, I could say a couple of mistakes corrected and we could have won. This is the first game we really lost all three phases of the game. That is disappointing.

Bowl practices await, and perhaps we will be ready to play in the bowl game. I suspect it will again take 3-4 drives to get the offense's feet under us and do anything though.

I am still optimistic for next year. I see even more quality athletes coming in, which is the sign of a good coaching staff. I hope a ton of focus next year in fall camp is preparing to beat South Dakota. I am so sick of playing to the level of our opponents. I want to dominate the first game and be in a position to play all the two and three deep players in that first game. That is what good programs do to FCS teams.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
You mean just because Campbell says nice things about his players to the press, that he might not be happy with how they played in private? That seems very unlikely since I expect Campbell to air all of the team's dirty laundry to all of us.

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!
tenor.gif
Sarcasm is one of your strengths.

• Funny
Reactions: INTENSE_CY

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
You are a dumb ass. It’s not like you aren’t the same emo he is. So it’s not surprising you agree with her.
Hey! There's your old friend reading again! Second time today we talked about this today. Might want to enroll in some courses or something.

I didn't even agree with OP in this thread, but yet you decided to not read any posts and skipped right to the attacking again. I'm taking his side because you're a pathetic piece of **** who has to rip people online to make up for whatever is lacking in your life.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I still think it is a really stupid point.

I mean, if Campbell didn't have Joel Lanning and Allen Lazard two years ago, he's probably be on the hot seat too.
Let me carry on with the stupidity then:rolleyes:

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
Having a new O-Line next year could be a good thing.

The real issue is losing Marcel Spears. He was the reason Joel could even be on the field.

Help Support Us

Become a patron