***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ge-football-playoff-rankings-games-look-today

So with the new playoff rankings it looks like both Baylor and OU will get a NY6 bowl. Is there any chance both of them remain that highly ranked after they play each other? This would give Iowa State a great shot at the Alamo Bowl...

If Baylor only loses to Oklahoma, they seem like they should still be a Top 16 team.

Losing twice to Oklahoma would be better than losing once each to LSU and South Carolina by Georgia.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Welp, looks like TCU just blew going to a bowl game. Just lost to West Virginia at home to finish 5-7.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Looks like no one will be going to Cheez-It from Big 12 unless either Baylor or OU doesn’t make NY6.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Embarrassing performance by TCU today. My guess is that there will be a new OC there next season. Duggan is a pretty good athlete but has a long ways to go to being a decent Big 12 QB.

Only 6 bowl eligible teams from the Big 12 is not a good look. Need to get away from the 9 game conference schedule ASAP to save 5 teams a loss.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Embarrassing performance by TCU today. My guess is that there will be a new OC there next season. Duggan is a pretty good athlete but has a long ways to go to being a decent Big 12 QB.

Only 6 bowl eligible teams from the Big 12 is not a good look. Need to get away from the 9 game conference schedule ASAP to save 5 teams a loss.
Not worried about it all. In general, the fewer Bowl eligible Big Xii teams just means chance of a better Bowl for ISU.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Um....how about no.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Are there enough eligible teams or can a 5-7 team slide in again. Nebraska did it a few years ago.

75/78 right now. Need at least 3 of these to win:

Liberty (6-5*) vs New Mexico State (2-9)
Michigan State (5-6) vs Maryland (3-8)
North Carolina (5-6) at N.C. State (4-7)
Boston College (5-6) at Pitt (7-4)
UL-Monroe (5-6) at UL-Lafayette (9-2)
Oregon State (5-6) at Oregon (9-2)
Colorado (5-6) at Utah (10-1)
Army (5-6*) at Hawaii (8-4) AND vs Navy (Dec. 14)

*beat 2 FCS teams; needs to get 7 wins total

exCYtement

Feb 28, 2011
Ames
75/78 right now. Need at least 3 of these to win:

Liberty (6-5*) vs New Mexico State (2-9)
Michigan State (5-6) vs Maryland (3-8)
North Carolina (5-6) at N.C. State (4-7)
Boston College (5-6) at Pitt (7-4)
UL-Monroe (5-6) at UL-Lafayette (9-2)
Oregon State (5-6) at Oregon (9-2)
Colorado (5-6) at Utah (10-1)
Army (5-6*) at Hawaii (8-4) AND vs Navy (Dec. 14)

*beat 2 FCS teams; needs to get 7 wins total

I'm still trying to piece this together, but even if not all those spots are taken, Nebraska wouldn't be next in line, since 5-7 bowl invites are chosen by APR.

For example, even if Boston College (5-6) loses tomorrow, they would be chosen ahead of NU because of their APR. Both Duke and MTSU are 4-7 currently, but if either win their game they both will have APR's higher than Nebraska, and will be chosen ahead of NU.

Because of the these three schools being ahead of Nebraska in APR, the Huskers needs 8 of these 9 times to lose tomorrow for it to be their turn. Highly unlikely.

Michigan State
Liberty
UNC
Army
Colorado
Oregon State
ULM
Duke
MTSU

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm still trying to piece this together, but even if not all those spots are taken, Nebraska wouldn't be next in line, since 5-7 bowl invites are chosen by APR.

For example, even if Boston College (5-6) loses tomorrow, they would be chosen ahead of NU because of their APR. Both Duke and MTSU are 4-7 currently, but if either win their game they both will have APR's higher than Nebraska, and will be chosen ahead of NU.

Because of the these three schools being ahead of Nebraska in APR, the Huskers needs 8 of these 9 times to lose tomorrow for it to be their turn. Highly unlikely.

Michigan State
Liberty
UNC
Army
Colorado
Oregon State
ULM
Duke
MTSU
I was just using NU as an example of a team who made it. More curious if TCU stands a chance, or another XII team.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Also, the 5-7/APR group is the 4th criteria when it comes to filling spots.

(1) 6-6 team that beat a less-than-full scholarship FCS team
(2) 6-7 team that had 13 regular-season games
(3) 6-6 or better team in its final year of reclassifying from FCS
(4) 5-7, in APR order

Not sure if there are (or will be) any teams that fall into groups 1-3, but they'd get to go first.

• Informative
Reactions: Doc and BCClone

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Um....how about no.
My example of going to 8 conference games also helps the Big 12 for college football playoff chances. Notice the conferences that have been left out have had 9 conference games.
Your resume gets built on quality wins. A quality win is beating a team >.500.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My example of going to 8 conference games also helps the Big 12 for college football playoff chances. Notice the conferences that have been left out have had 9 conference games.
Your resume gets built on quality wins. A quality win is beating a team >.500.
The B12 is stronger with playing the way we do now. It’s the only conference where everyone plays everyone and the best two play each other again.
I personally love the current setup in basketball and football and hope it can remain that way thru future realignment.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
The B12 is stronger with playing the way we do now. It’s the only conference where everyone plays everyone and the best two play each other again.
I personally love the current setup in basketball and football and hope it can remain that way thru future realignment.

The current system gives the Big 12 another chance at a ranked win going into the playoff. It helped OU greatly last year against Texas and it’s set up to do the same again with Baylor

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Michigan State
Liberty
UNC
Army
Colorado
Oregon State
ULM
Duke
MTSU
So, basically a flat no for TCU and WVU.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
So win today and the high is probably the Alamo Bowl. Lose today and likely the Camping World or Texas. Do I have that right?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Lol, yeah, let's just not play one random Big 12 team every year, seems fair to the team that avoids Oklahoma that year.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
So win today and the high is probably the Alamo Bowl. Lose today and likely the Camping World or Texas. Do I have that right?

I think Camping World is out unfortunately based on Tweets it might be Texas vs ND. Hopefully we're not headed to Memphis again.

• Disagree
Reactions: BeneventiCy28