We're Going Bowling

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Nobody talks about facing Virginia Tech in Orlando. I think that would be cool. Better than most of the other ACC teams. Notre Dame with a 10-2 record isn’t gonna happen I don’t think.

I could be wrong, but I think Camping World may have 1st shot at Notre Dame after the NY6.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
You know you've become a spoiled brat (me) under Campbell when you yawn at the 6 win mark. Love this staff and all theyve done for us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Will be interesting to see if OU can work their way into the CFP or not. If they do and Baylor heads to New Orleans, we could work our way into a return trip to the Alamo Bowl.

Assuming they don't:

Sugar - OU
Alamo - Baylor
Camping World - ISU
Texas - UT
Liberty - OSU
Cheezit - KSU
TCU could work their way into a lower bowl.

Looks like Bedlam will be a huge game, not just for ISU

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Heard in the lots after the game, "Grab your balls we'going bowling". Better song than Sweet Caroline.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
ESPN guys updated projections:

Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl
NRG Stadium, Houston
Dec. 27, 6:45 p.m., ESPN

Schlabach: Iowa State vs. Texas A&M

Camping World Bowl
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida
Dec. 28, noon, ABC

Bonagura: Notre Dame vs. Iowa State

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28100132/college-football-bowl-projections
Either of those would be about as good as possible siting at 6-4 right now. Personally, watching the Cyclones stomp ND is a trip I’d figure out how to make work

Reactions: CTTB78

kcbob79clone

Will be interesting to see if OU can work their way into the CFP or not. If they do and Baylor heads to New Orleans, we could work our way into a return trip to the Alamo Bowl.

Assuming they don't:

Sugar - OU
Alamo - Baylor
Camping World - ISU
Texas - UT
Liberty - OSU
Cheezit - KSU
TCU could work their way into a lower bowl.

Looks like Bedlam will be a huge game, not just for ISU

If Texas in Texas Bowl maybe a renewal of the games with Texas A&M

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
If Texas in Texas Bowl maybe a renewal of the games with Texas A&M

That would be pretty epic.

giphy.gif

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Allegiant flies to Orlando/Sanford from Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Moline, Omaha and Sioux Falls. Cheap airfare (relatively - still holiday premiums) and easy airport to navigate.

Not to mention several other cities in FL.

All you weenies ******** about crappy Big XII bowl destinations (and I'm one) have no excuses if this happens!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Allegiant flies to Orlando/Sanford from Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Moline, Omaha and Sioux Falls. Cheap airfare (relatively - still holiday premiums) and easy airport to navigate.

Not to mention several other cities in FL.

All you weenies ******** about crappy Big XII bowl destinations (and I'm one) have no excuses if this happens!

And those flights will end up being stupid expensive as soon as the games are announced...

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
And those flights will end up being stupid expensive as soon as the games are announced...

They're kinda expensive already. $500 was cheapest I could find to any of those "close" FL airports. It's just not a travel friendly date with the holidays close. I can easily find plenty of international flights for that price, let alone want to pay that amount for another Florida trip. Going to be hard to want to swing for that game.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy