Disney+

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Everybody better hope Netflix and HBO have gigantic success or 90% of this stuff is going back in their precious "vault" and the subscription rate goes up to $30/mo.

This is the company that's still selling its blurays at $35 when every other studio is selling them for $10-20.

Netflix will be fine. As long as there are at least two, Disney won't be able to just jack the price. What's not going to last is Apple TV, The Peacock, Warner Bros. one, etc. No way people sign up for 5 services.

• Agree
Reactions: UnCytely

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
Netflix will be fine. As long as there are at least two, Disney won't be able to just jack the price. What's not going to last is Apple TV, The Peacock, Warner Bros. one, etc. No way people sign up for 5 services.
300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I signed up for this, now that I have Roku's all up and running I'm dropping DirecTV and everything but YTTV and Disney+. If they allowed all ESPN Programming to stream through the ESPN app for like say, 30 bucks a month, I'd have Disney + and just that. Would be a serious no brainer for me. Maybe pick up Netflix for a month when something like the Witcher comes out. Or just make a new email address and sign up for the free week then drop.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Digging it so far. Watched the first episode of Mandalorian, which was awesome, then watched Tailspin and Gummi Bears with my daughter. It's sweet they have all those old cartoons I watched growing up!

Please expand on the "old cartoons I grew up watching". This may not translate to some of us.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Please expand on the "old cartoons I grew up watching". This may not translate to some of us.
The Disney cartoons from the 80s and 90s like Tailspin, Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles

Reactions: interrobang

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
really hate these companies trying to spin off and grab "their own bigger piece of the pie" the pie is already there you can only have so big of a slice to begin with at a certain point.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
really hate these companies trying to spin off and grab "their own bigger piece of the pie" the pie is already there you can only have so big of a slice to begin with at a certain point.
There's definitely a tipping point, but it won't be Disney. They've got more than enough properties to sustain a streaming service of their own

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
God Damnit Large Hadron Collider! You had one job, and you failed, another childhood memory that was deemed incorrect by you killing our old universe!

I was totally being a turd by correcting the spelling, but you turned it into that! So win-win! ;)

Reactions: boone7247

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
For those of you have are currently using Disney+, how is it working? Are a lot of the kinks worked out yet? My wife and I are planning on getting it soon, but I was waiting for some of the kinks to work itself out.

Reactions: Angie

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
For those of you have are currently using Disney+, how is it working? Are a lot of the kinks worked out yet? My wife and I are planning on getting it soon, but I was waiting for some of the kinks to work itself out.

It worked well last night. No issues

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

Pretty small issues so far, not a big enough deal to put off getting it if you know you’re going to.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron