Signing Day Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Was there a thought of redshirting Leech or did they really just see enough this summer/fall that even long term he wasn't going to ever get to a level to contribute?

The Anderson signing in the early period last year is a head scratcher for sure.

We don’t know anything. They could have both been homesick and asked to leave.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and jbindm

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
@Artic Zone, I love you as a poster and informant, but we all know to take the hype with a grain of salt for these guys. We know that, if we are lucky, one of them is a star after a year or two, two of them are decent starters, and one of them busts.

Even just going 2/4 on them is a pretty strong outcome.

We just want to enjoy the infinite possibilities and be happy for the young men becoming part of the program right now, no matter what their futures will bring to us.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm pumped for them, and usually Cyclones.com has a pretty good rundown on them. I agree anything a coach says is fluff but I like the nice presentation on the site there.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
@Artic Zone, I love you as a poster and informant, but we all know to take the hype with a grain of salt for these guys. We know that, if we are lucky, one of them is a star after a year or two, two of them are decent starters, and one of them busts.

We just want to enjoy the infinite possibilities and be happy for the young men becoming part of the program right now, no matter what their futures will bring to us.

That’s fair.

i was pretty glass half empty in my post above.

Going more glass half full, i really can’t pinpoint the “bust” in this years class. Every kid has something i really like. In past years I’ve seen kids where i wondered what tf the staff saw. Been very excited by staffs evaluation of talent in this 2020 class and i think they’re starting to figure out the transfer market as well which is equally as important as Hs recruiting for a school like ISU.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That’s fair.

i was pretty glass half empty in my post above.

Going more glass half full, i really can’t pinpoint the “bust” in this years class. Every kid has something i really like. In past years I’ve seen kids where i wondered what tf the staff saw. Been very excited by staffs evaluation of talent in this 2020 class and i think they’re starting to figure out the transfer market as well which is equally as important as Hs recruiting for a school like ISU.
Agree.
It’s rarely good to pinpoint a guy as the career “role player” or one in which you hope to beat the odds.

Hopefully we’re adding some shooting!