Why the Herman Hate?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Well for starters...

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif
I think he was trying to fight Gundy in that last gif. The mullet would have whooped his ass.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'll play the contrarian. I don't hate 'em. He has a proven track record of success.

We'll beat Texas Saturday, but the Big XII needs Texas to be relevant nationally most years and he is getting them there (although gonna be a little hiccup this year with all the defensive injuries).

He had little to work with at ISU (and a brutal schedule to tend with....and a head coach) when he was offensive coordinator. He has shown he knows how to coach at several places now.

(maybe I don't know the whole "baggage story" that some seem to be alluding too...but if I wanted soap operas, I"d watch daytime TV. Not interested in bringing that into my football.)
steve deace with the spicy take.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Sleeping with recruiting coeds and sorority girls then forcing them to get <forbidden topic>s. Then trashing Ames after he gets the job at tOSU. Perfect fit for Texas. All hat, no cattle.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Boy I was out of the loop never knew about him fooling around with coeds.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
He's a prick. Not as smart as he thinks bouncing that sledge off the millwork like a green horn.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Sleeping with recruiting coeds and sorority girls then forcing them to get <forbidden topic>s. Then trashing Ames after he gets the job at tOSU. Perfect fit for Texas. All hat, no cattle.

I've heard this rumor/rumblings but only from this board.

Not asking for folks to name specific people/connections, but how did this get out? Is it "a friend of a friend of a friend" heard type of thing?

I just ask as, he's been gone a long time, not ties to current team/coaches so nothing to "sweep" under the rug if that was happening.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Boy I was out of the loop never knew about him fooling around with coeds.

Don't get down on yourself. You are totally worthy of his carnal attention but he had so many others in line before you. Keep working out, keep up the diet, do something with your hair and you too can be somebodies side piece.

Kidding - your hair is perfect.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I could be wrong but I thought I read he was messing around with coeds, yet his wife was fine with it and knew about it? Sounded like they were active in the swinger community around Ames. Again, just something I thought people have talked about on here before.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I've heard this rumor/rumblings but only from this board.

Not asking for folks to name specific people/connections, but how did this get out? Is it "a friend of a friend of a friend" heard type of thing?

I just ask as, he's been gone a long time, not ties to current team/coaches so nothing to "sweep" under the rug if that was happening.
I have a friend that was a manager for the team during this time.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I have a friend that was a manager for the team during this time.

Thanks...I figured there was enough "buzz" that multiple folks like you could attest...but then always wonder what it looked like back then...meaning...was it the secret everyone knew and didnt' speak of, etc.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Thanks...I figured there was enough "buzz" that multiple folks like you could attest...but then always wonder what it looked like back then...meaning...was it the secret everyone knew and didnt' speak of, etc.
It was very hush hush at the time. Rhoads was being the nice guy and trying to let it go away without the negative attention. Eventually stuff like that will get out. Most people that have known waited until Rhoads was gone before talking about it.

Edit: a lot of stuff like that stays pretty hush hush on here because the coaching staffs do watch this board. Shane Burnham watched this board almost daily so a lot of people will keep “damaging info” like this off of the board.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don't know but I do know what he looks this week given his past in Ames and knowing he has to come back.

giphy.gif

Has the looks of a douche nozzle that badly needs to pick his nose, but realizes he’s on camera and is desperate to not become an internet meme.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
He's a Donghorn.

Mac Brown was an upstanding guy that had a lot of nice things to say about ISU. Gawd I hated him.

Reactions: Doc