STAFF PICKS: Jalen Terry

Mmbrooks

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2015
Montreal, QC
Standard deviation?

Actually you should be asking about the confidence interval, and not the standard devation....

tenor.gif

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
TBH, part of me just wants him so we can tell the Hoks that Foster isn't even our top recruit.

Pretty sure he's a lock for Louisville though

Im just going with my “First 48” rule. If your town is often featured on that show then you shouldn’t let your kid go and live there. Especially if a minority.

Last edited:

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
My opinion only but 5 hs kids in one class is a lot. Not saying it can’t be done but I’d like to see class balanced out with a transfer.

Seems like Terry would be too good to turn down but obviously still seems like a longshot.

Looking at the scholarship chart, we're technically full now but probably can safely count on at least 1 more opening - whether that be via Tyrese to the NBA or someone transferring out. What kind of player do you think they would target in the transfer market mid-season or this spring?

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
My opinion only but 5 hs kids in one class is a lot. Not saying it can’t be done but I’d like to see class balanced out with a transfer.

I'm probably missing something with all the shuffling going around lately... but we're full for 2020 currently, aren't we? Or is this expecting Hali is gone for sure?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm probably missing something with all the shuffling going around lately... but we're full for 2020 currently, aren't we? Or is this expecting Hali is gone for sure?

This would put us 1 over the limit so its assuming we lose TH (or someone else, TH is just the safest discussion right now bc he'd leave for a good reason)

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Terry is expected to sign in the spring so ISU so there isn't a need to worry about numbers right now. Prohm can recruit him an see where the roster is in April. I think we'll all know well before then if a scholarship is opening up.

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
Between Foster, Blackwell and a possible Terry commitment no way all of those guys are on campus for four years though.

My thoughts exactly. I certainly wouldn't have minded having 5 high school kids in the THT, Hali, Conditt, Zion class. We might be down to two of those guys from that class by the end of the year, purely due to their success. This class could end up similar. Plus, these days in BB, the numbers tend to work themselves out.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

We are full...

upload_2019-11-11_15-49-14.png

...but Haliburton leaving or a transfer out opens a spot up.

Terry is the kind of talent that if you can land him, you do so.

He would be a perfect replacement for Halliburton going to the NBA.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I’ll be shocked if Lewis plays his senior season at ISU
Agree. It’s a shame because I honestly thought he was going to be better than Wigginton. Lewis just isn’t panning out and it doesn’t look like he’s going to be beating out any of the younger guys for minutes. He’s gone unless he doesn’t care about getting minutes and just wants to be here.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If we got 5 guys you can bet your house that 3 will be there after their Freshmen year.
Or the two that leave are upperclassmen recruited over.

How do these five as sophomores project compared to the redshirt transfers we could land? Impossible to know, but I’d sign all five and let the talent sort things out....unless we are otherwise going to add a grad transfer? Jaire Grayer certainly would have been better than either Leech or Anderson.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Agree. It’s a shame because I honestly thought he was going to be better than Wigginton. Lewis just isn’t panning out and it doesn’t look like he’s going to be beating out any of the younger guys for minutes. He’s gone unless he doesn’t care about getting minutes and just wants to be here.

Perhaps T-Lew likes Ames, the program, his teammates, and Prohm. Assuming he can at least hang in practice, having him is not a detriment to the program. That might be enough for him to want to stay, graduate, and then move on with his life, rather than going through the hoop of transferring and whatever uncertainties that might bring for him.

I would assume, though, that if Jackson and Grill are already ahead of him, that he is never going to play meaningful minutes for the team ever again.

That sucks, but sometimes guys do not live up to their ratings.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I'd have thought he would have left after last year if he were going to go.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Sorry guys I'm out on this one. My source is no longer relevant lol.