STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Watching Xavier's interview on the Osky channel, you just feel for all the pressure the kid felt, picking between the two in-state schools, including one that he may have grown up being a fan of (Iowa - don't know the facts; that's what some say). Lots of pressure. Seems like a humble kid. Bet he's glad to get that off his shoulders. Glad he picked ISU!

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Throwing oops to Foster, Conditt and Blackwell should be pretty enticing to any PG recruits. I love the length and athleticism of this class. A GT scoring guard would be a perfect replacement for Tyrese. If Tyrese somehow doesn't go pro, next year is going to be loaded.

I'd be extremely surprised if Prohm doesnt land a stud at PG in 2021 (or Spring transfer season) especially if Haliburton goes pro.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
QtkftTP.0.jpg

Think he hit 0 this morning?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Man I hope the stuff about the Mc kids and XF is true, I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt but its obvious Conner is just like his dad, maybe Pat isn't as bad?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
And a ton of the schools below Iowa only have one commitment at the time. I imagine as more kids commit, Iowa will continue to drop. Could be an all-time horrible class.

UNI's class is better than Iowa's but for some reason 247 doesn't have Tytan Anderson or Nate Heise as UNI commits yet. Add those two and UNI jumps them.

That's INEXCUSABLE in the Big 10.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
UNI's class is better than Iowa's but for some reason 247 doesn't have Tytan Anderson or Nate Heise as UNI commits yet. Add those two and UNI jumps them.

That's INEXCUSABLE in the Big 10.
Thank you for sharing that information with me as I will use that as a fun fact for some of my Hawkeye friends.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Watching Xavier's interview on the Osky channel, you just feel for all the pressure the kid felt, picking between the two in-state schools, including one that he may have grown up being a fan of (Iowa - don't know the facts; that's what some say). Lots of pressure. Seems like a humble kid. Bet he's glad to get that off his shoulders. Glad he picked ISU!

The best thing that I read was that he sees himself as a role player at first. That shows that Prohm didn't lie to him and it shows that Xavier is a smart kid.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Agree. I'm thrilled that XF chose ISU.... and it sounds like for all the right reasons too btw..... that makes it even better!

But IMO, a recruit like this would almost be better off getting out of the state like Carton did by going to tOSU. I can see why a lot of very highly rated instate kids go elsewhere.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'll laugh my a$$ off if Foster chooses Iowa State. Then all those "his dad is difficult" people will change their tune to, "his dad is a really smarty guy actually".

CYCLONE...

Prohm is ****ing really good with relationships and I'd bet he has a good relationship with most families he recruits regardless of if the kid even goes to ISU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Agree. I'm thrilled that XF chose ISU.... and it sounds like for all the right reasons too btw..... that makes it even better!

But IMO, a recruit like this would almost be better off getting out of the state like Carton did by going to tOSU. I can see why a lot of very highly rated instate kids go elsewhere.
Had Xavier gotten offered by UNC, Duke, or Kentucky he would've gone there. However Xavier mentioned he loves being hated on and hopes he gets to play pissed off because he plays better that way.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron