POLL: Where does Foster commit to tomorrow?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Where does Foster commit to tomorrow?

• Iowa State

Votes: 221 42.5%
  • Iowa

Votes: 299 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I get it, but 'growing up Hawkeye" has been going on for 30-yrs, we have lost most of the D1 talent, and the D1 elite talent we've offered. when is the worm gonna turn our way ?- I'm frustrated; that and the fact Fran doesn't have a losing record against us despite his *inferior talent*

Research- the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts to support current opinions or reach new conclusions.

Also most coaches do not sign all the talent offered. Again research. Or in some cases they offer players with no offers which makes it easy to get a player to sign

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
@Go2Guy mental health issues are serious and there is help out there for you. A great resource is Hawkeye report.

Hi Gunner; so personal attack are allowed in your Fraternity? good, cuz listen up you worthless, limp-wristed Hawkeye troll, get to work and give your employeer a full 8-hrs day for once in your life.

Reactions: Dr.bannedman

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Research- the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts to support current opinions or reach new conclusions.
Maybe I missed reading the massive thread, so let me know which D1 elite in-state talent did we land in the last, say 10-yrs?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Maybe I missed reading the massive thread, so let me know which D1 elite in-state talent did we land in the last, say 10-yrs?
Besides Barnes who cares?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Harrison Barnes - UNC. Marcus Paige - UNC. Doug McDermott went to play for his dad. DJ Carten was a huge Iowa fan growing up who picked OSU over Iowa.

So other than that you have guys like Jok, Woodbury, Gesell, Weiscamp, Uthoff, Matt Gatens? I mean if you want to throw in other guys like Bohannon, Pemsl, Kriener, and the McCaffery brothers we sure can. That's some of the top D1 talent that's come across the state the past few years. Others have gone to play at schools like UNI / Drake.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Harrison Barnes - UNC. Marcus Paige - UNC. Doug McDermott went to play for his dad. DJ Carten was a huge Iowa fan growing up who picked OSU over Iowa.

So other than that you have guys like Jok, Woodbury, Gesell, Weiscamp, Uthoff, Matt Gatens? I mean if you want to throw in other guys like Bohannon, Pemsl, Kriener, and the McCaffery brothers we sure can. That's some of the top D1 talent that's come across the state the past few years. Others have gone to play at schools like UNI / Drake.

I've been around a long time (1975) and we've only landed two that I can recall to count.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
question is, who are we after if Foster commits to Iowa? It seems likely we hold out for a transfer for the open scholarship over a fr.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I've been around a long time (1975) and we've only landed two that I can recall to count.
I'd give up some of those guys all day long for guys like Georges, Monte, Naz, Matt Thomas, Kane, Hogue, Ejim, Royce White, Chris Babb, Halliburton, etc.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
question is, who are we after if Foster commits to Iowa? It seems likely we hold out for a transfer for the open scholarship over a fr.

I think Prohm still has some wiggle room with Tyrese's draft potential. He can probably go for a transfer and a fr or just swing for the best available players. In another couple of months, we may know a little more about Tyrese, that could help focus things one way or another. I'd agree we should probably look for a transfer but if a guy like Jalen Terry is in the mix, you can't pass him up. Either way, it looks like another exciting spring recruiting period.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I get it, but 'growing up Hawkeye" has been going on for 30-yrs, we have lost most of the D1 talent, and the D1 elite talent we've offered. when is the worm gonna turn our way ?- I'm frustrated; that and the fact Fran doesn't have a losing record against us despite his *inferior talent*

Why are you frustrated? I'd rather have a Michigan kid like Monte than Gessel. I'd rather have a Wisconsin kid like Tyrese than Bohanan. I'd rather have Georges than anyone.

I'm glad we have a coach who tries to get the Iowa kids that are worth it, but doesn't offer those that aren't worth it.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY