STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I know what she's trying to say, it just doesn't make sense. Foster is the exact same person, mentally and physically, whether he chooses Iowa St or Iowa.

Yes, but since I don't know Foster I have no idea what he is like mentally. If he picks Iowa, I don't think he is smart and therefore I don't want him here.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You're an embarrassment to our fanbase.

imagine disliking calling a guy that hates Iowa state an embarrassment to the fan base.

You’d have to not like Iowa State to disagree with the statement that no1 is not really an Iowa state fan.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I just can't fathom why you would want to play for Fran. He's just a terrible coach, and borderline abusive.

Yep, it's a mystery why he would. But it is why there should not be a meltdown if he picks Iowa.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Out of all the offers he had on the table, if your end goal is the NBA and the $$$$&, I will never understand that move. If you always idolized that team, yeah, I get that...,but I was lead to believe he hadn’t.

• Agree
Reactions: huntt26

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Uno is one of the worst.

That said, sounds like you may have your hands full the next couple days Cat. Godspeed.

Ehhh. He’s an 18 year old kid. I don’t know what any 18 year old kid’s motivations are.

I don’t wish him any ill will.

But the stupid asses that would rather see prohm lose, than Iowa State win, are gonna be pretty awful.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Out of all the offers he had on the table, if your end goal is the NBA and the $$$$&, I will never understand that move. If you always idolized that team, yeah, I get that...,but I was lead to believe he hadn’t.

my guess is the family connections and the parental involvement were pretty deciding factors.

I will also guarantee that he was promised that he would be a starter from the second he stepped on campus, and that they were going to let him do whatever he wants, like Tyler cook was.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hope he enjoys trips to the NIT and the great shot at the G League Fran will set him up with.

Exactly. He'll deserves what he gets. Sure Mad Fran may turn things around and suddenly turn into a coach that gets his team in to the NCAA more often than not. But 10 years of history don't show that. And even if he does Mad Fran will still be an ******* and an embarrassment.

If that is what Xavier wants, good for him. But that means I don't want him.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: Malone and ATCy

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'm guessing there was a ton of pressure to go to Iowa. We as ISU fans can't really wrap our heads around it, but that's not our place anyway. It feels pretty safe to say that he'll be incorrectly utilized his entire career and it'll hurt his chances to get to the next level. That's something he's obviously accepted.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Ehhh. He’s an 18 year old kid. I don’t know what any 18 year old kid’s motivations are.

I don’t wish him any ill will.

But the stupid asses that would rather see prohm lose, than Iowa State win, are gonna be pretty awful.
Agree with the last part. But I think a bulk of the meltdown from this will be with the posters who had him guaranteed to Iowa St.

While I do appreciate their info, and hope they do continue to give it, it's a messed up world when guys like twins, artic, etc are wrong, and Beyerball, clonedude, etc are right.

• Funny
Reactions: ATCy

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Exactly. He'll deserves what he gets. Sure Mad Fran may turn things around and suddenly turn into a coach that gets his team in to the NCAA more often than not. But 10 years of history don't show that. And even if he does Mad Fran will still be an ******* and an embarrassment.

If that is what Xavier wants, good for him. But that means I don't want him.

Who, that will be left on that roster will be any sort of an alpha?

If weiskamp goes to the draft after this year, you’re left with Garza or the sons.

Add in the lack of guard play, and the choice went beyond winning. It’s about him being the center of everything.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Who, that will be left on that roster will be any sort of an alpha?

If weiskamp goes to the draft after this year, you’re left with Garza or the sons.

Add in the lack of guard play, and the choice went beyond winning. It’s about him being the center of everything.

Exactly......