STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Last edited:
Reactions: jcyclonee

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Except Vaughn. We may have been justified in melting down over that one.

That is the one that stung... Barnes too. After those too i realized that even if a recruit appears done it isn't until the papers are signed. We have to remember what makes since from our Cyclone perspective may not to a recruit and they have a number of advisers pushing them in multiple ways. It is a tough decision.
What may not make sense from the outside could make sense to 18 year old on where they want to spend the next few years. I think most of us has similar inner pull from friends and family prior to choosing a ISU w/o coaches and fan bases pushing multiple directions.

I would be disappointed if it isn't for ISU but, I won't be mad at him instead wishing him the best (except playing EIU).

(I beg no one tweet at him if he does go another direction and respect his choice. We can celebrate/melt down in this thread and not look bad to a local kid young person)

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That is the one that stung... Barnes too. After those too i realized that even if a recruit appears done it isn't until the papers are signed. We have to remember what makes since from our Cyclone perspective may not to a recruit and they have a number of advisers pushing them in multiple ways. It is a tough decision.
What may not make sense from the outside could make sense to 18 year old on where they want to spend the next few years. I think most of us has similar inner pull from friends and family prior to choosing a ISU w/o coaches and fan bases pushing multiple directions.

I would be disappointed if it isn't for ISU but, I won't be mad at him instead wishing him the best (except playing EIU).

(I beg no one tweet at him if he does go another direction and respect his choice. We can celebrate/melt down in this thread and not look bad to a local kid young person)

Vaugh hurt are the time but after the way it played out we didn’t miss out on that much except good feelings.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Vaugh hurt are the time but after the way it played out we didn’t miss out on that much except good feelings.

My crazy conspiracy theory...

-- Vaughn goes to UNLV.

-- BDJ comes from UNLV to Iowa State.

-- The combination of Vaughn demonstrating the fundamental corruptness of college basketball and the whole BDJ experience breaks Fred Hoiberg.

-- Hoiberg gives up on Iowa State and its expectations after that... da Bulls.

The timeline has only gotten weirder since then.