STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It would be a situational lineup, but especially against the Baylor's of the world Foster and Conditt could be in the same lineup with how Foster can stretch the floor. You could even see them as dual 4.5s if Conditt improves his outside game.

Foster has the skill set to be the stretch PF that would play well of Conditt or Young who are pretty set as being manning the center.
It is hard to expect any freshman come in and start day 1 though. Zion could be groomed to be the starting PF to pair with the center rotation next year.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Starting 5 next year (assuming TH is gone):
Bolton
Grill
Griffin
Foster
Young

Off the Bench:
Conditt
Jackson
Blackwell

I love it.

The transfer sitting out will get time at the three. Griffin will likely play more at the 4. Seeing a 2 deep like this.

Bolton & 2020 PG (sorry brain cramp)
Grill Jackson
Johnson Blackwell
Griffin Foster
Young Conditt

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Bolton
Grill
Griffin
Foster
Young

Off the Bench:
Conditt
Jackson
Blackwell

I love it.

I fully expect Prohm to make a serious run at a stud guard through whatever means necessary (transfer, prep, juco). Frontocurt absolutely loaded with talent for the foreseeable future with Conditt, Griffin, Blackwell and the pending Foster decision.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
Look at it this way.....the family has kept their secret very well and a good part of XF's secrecy is due to his parents great guidance. I applaud them on how well they have helped keep things in check until the final reveal.

As a parent and as a player I am sure they are looking at where his NBA potential and developmental guidance would be most beneficial. Sure the coaches and the players on the team play a major role in this as well as the fan base.

However, trying to be objective in a decision like this I would instantly go to asking myself the question of :

"Who has the experiences and the ability to tell me how things really are in the world of going from college to the NBA. Who can help guide my development? Who can I call on to see what I need to keep in mind as I continue through college basketball?"

That is clearly ISU. We have players like Monte, Niang, Nader, Thomas, Naz, and Burton among others that maintain relationships with ISU and the staff. They feel connected to the program and university. I feel that these guys would welcome the chance to give advice to any players attending ISU, especially those that can develop into legit NBA potential. These guys have learned lessons and been through things that are valuable. These guys didn't have those players talk to when they were here and would be willing to give that help that they couldn't get. I just don't see this type of value to a player at EIU.

Kids can be fickle though. We assume that he wants to play in the NBA someday. That may not be his ultimate goal though. We may be projecting that onto him as well as everyone of his coaches and the media.

If his primary goal is not the NBA but a good education while playing ball and moving onto a degree career, then it may only come down to where he feels he can enjoy both with his family...that could be EIU.

But if the goal is also the NBA, then it should definitely be ISU.

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Bolton
Grill
Griffin
Foster
Young

Off the Bench:
Conditt
Jackson
Blackwell

I love it.

If TH is gone, we could have a grad transfer in the mix. I expect Johnson to get some run as well, barring a big surprise Foster is the only fr I would see getting consistent minutes so I'd give JJ's the minutes you have Blackwell getting.

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
The only thing that I can see that could give Iowa a 1 up is their offense. I don't think we had a single post up entry pass all of last night. Not many chances for our bigs to have any back to the basket moves to score. Iowa relies on this type of offense.

Let me clarify, in no means am I saying the Iowa offense is better, just more opportunities for post players to score off of post entries rather than dump offs in the paint.
Yeah, Prohm's not a great recruiter if he gets XF as a post player, picking a guy and forcing him to work within a system rather than developing systems around the players you recruited makes perfect sense to me.......