Luke Anderson and Marcedus Leech have entered the transfer portal

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not so much with this staff. With the previous one, there was a direct correlation between volume of sunshine being blown and likelihood of transfer. “Oh, Pat’s been really impressive. One of the best short, slow 40-year-olds we’ve ever seen. Has a great below-the-rim game.”
Right. Silence on a player is more telling with this staff. It’s been pretty quiet in regards to a few players leading up to this season

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I wish those two young men well.

But yeah, we had not heard anything about those two making meaningful contributions, either this year or going forward for the next four years.

Sometimes it is best that we all move on.

Sounds like Jackson and Grill are hanging, at least one of them will be in the rotation, and they both have potential as shooters. Grill, despite being a white boy from Kansas, is something of an athlete/upside play anyways.

I am excited to see what the staff does with the open scholarships now!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Ah, jsb. The predictably angry anti-anti response.

These two transfers aren't disasters. They do point to this staff's ineffectiveness at scouting P5 talent (of which I was blasted for saying last week).

Interesting take considering NBA scouts value players that Prohm has recruited and got commitments from Cannan, Payne, Wigginton, THT and Haliburton next.

I would consider that P5 worthy but to each their own on what talent is.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
They had to have know they werent playing meaningful minutes this year? I find it really hard to believe incoming freshman dont already know the structure of the roster and where they will fit into it. My guess is Prohm has better players coming and he decided to cut weight right away.

You.. being... positive...?

giphy.gif

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
They had to have know they werent playing meaningful minutes this year? I find it really hard to believe incoming freshman dont already know the structure of the roster and where they will fit into it. My guess is Prohm has better players coming and he decided to cut weight right away.
I don't know. All these guys are used to being the best player on the court most of the time they play. They probably all think they will be a day 1 starter. Then reality sets in when they get to campus and start practicing and realize how many good players there are to compete with.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Wait this is actually a good post. What's going on here?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised at all if them leaving was due to being asked to redshirt and being upset
Prohm likely won't ever redshirt a player unless it's injury or academic related. Which is the correct approach in today's college basketball.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

New phone who dis?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

I mean the simple solution is to take kids you arent going to cut a day before the season starts if that's the case.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Interesting take considering NBA scouts value players that Prohm has recruited and got commitments from Cannan, Payne, Wigginton, THT and Haliburton next.

This is wilfully overlooking a bunch of information or complete ignorance.

I'm not going to outline my point again, but this staff is missing badly on too many people. That's the jist. Of course there are outliers. There always are in any system.

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
Yeah but better they leave now

If the reason for them leaving is that they weren't going to cut it competitively, this is about the best possible outcome for Prohm. We're down a couple of players for this season, but they weren't likely to be in the rotation absent a number of significant injuries. By parting ways now, Prohm still gets to use the scholarships in the fall period when our top targets are still available. That is so much better than trying to fill slots at the last minute in the spring.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Acylum and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Prohm recruited 3 players that earned All Conference recognition last year alone (Shayok, THT and Wigginton) plus Haliburton. Recruiting is at the bottom of my concerns with Prohm