NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This team is a dumpster fire. Not sure they win that game even with Mahomes playing. 3rd straight team comes into Arrowhead and punches them right in the mouth. It's embarrassing. I don't care if he goes 12-4 every year, he'll never win a big game.
The psyche of the whole team seems extremely shaken. I was surprised they scored that much on GB though.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The psyche of the whole team seems extremely shaken. I was surprised they scored that much on GB though.
I think it's becoming more and more clear that the GB defense relies heavily on turnovers to be impactful. They are a much improved defense than years past, but not some world beater like many believed after the first few.

CarterCloneFan

Dec 3, 2018
Reid’s clock management at the end of the game was laughable. He needs someone to simply call timeouts and make other clock related decisions.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
They are down like 3 starting O-linemen and Mahomes on O. Down Jones, Clark, Fuller on defense with a couple other people got hurt last night. McCoy doesn't fumble last night and Chiefs might have taken a lead on that drive. Not to mention Rodgers had 2 throws on 3rd down that were ridiculous.

You get rid of Andy Reid and who do you hire? The inability of the front office to get decent linebackers is the biggest issue. Also they way over paid for Frank Clark so far.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This team is a dumpster fire. Not sure they win that game even with Mahomes playing. 3rd straight team comes into Arrowhead and punches them right in the mouth. It's embarrassing. I don't care if he goes 12-4 every year, he'll never win a big game.
Matt Moore didn't even play football last year and he's filling in for the MVP on short notice against a good team.

Back away from the ledge.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
They could have and should have won that game with a bunch of starters out. They just needed a defensive coordinator to figure out how to cover Aaron Jones as a receiver. That guy was fast. Keeping trying to cover him with a slow LB isn't going to work.

That and who the heck taught LeSean McCoy to carry a football? I'm not sure what they've been doing with the RB's.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
As a Viking fan, if the Clones lose on Saturday, I sometimes won't even watch on Sunday because it will just piss me off even more if they lose. Juvenile? Maybe. But I feel your pain. Two kicks to the stones in the same weekend just causes nothing but rage.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
They are down like 3 starting O-linemen and Mahomes on O. Down Jones, Clark, Fuller on defense with a couple other people got hurt last night. McCoy doesn't fumble last night and Chiefs might have taken a lead on that drive. Not to mention Rodgers had 2 throws on 3rd down that were ridiculous.

You get rid of Andy Reid and who do you hire? The inability of the front office to get decent linebackers is the biggest issue. Also they way over paid for Frank Clark so far.
Someone who cares about Defense is all I want.

• Friendly
Reactions: cykidd

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Yeah, the sky isn't falling. They're still sitting on a two game lead in the AFC West and it's not like any of those teams are going to make a run. Worst case scenario is they get Mahomes back and a couple others after the bye and then they lock down the three or four seed. A couple out of conference losses isn't all that bad. And there's still plenty of season for them to maybe chase down the two seed.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah, the sky isn't falling. They're still sitting on a two game lead in the AFC West and it's not like any of those teams are going to make a run. Worst case scenario is they get Mahomes back and a couple others after the bye and then they lock down the three or four seed. A couple out of conference losses isn't all that bad. And there's still plenty of season for them to maybe chase down the two seed.

As a Chiefs fan I don't think they will win the SB due to the defense still, but yeah there is still hope to get in the playoffs and wacky things happen. It was his coaching and playcalling that kept the offense in the game. I actually think his playcalling has gotten worse with Mahomes since he can bail him out with ridiculous plays. Last night was a reminder how good he can be at getting the best out of the quarterback. He should have not punted though on that last drive and went for it on the 4th and 3.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
As a Chiefs fan I don't think they will win the SB due to the defense still, but yeah there is still hope to get in the playoffs and wacky things happen. It was his coaching and playcalling that kept the offense in the game. I actually think his playcalling has gotten worse with Mahomes since he can bail him out with ridiculous plays. Last night was a reminder how good he can be at getting the best out of the quarterback. He should have not punted though on that last drive and went for it on the 4th and 3.
Oh they'll make the playoffs. The AFC West sucks. They just aren't gonna do anything. Like usual.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It isn't just last night, it's the Colts and Texans losses at home too. The ones where Mahomes was playing.

But he was limited in those games, too. Even before the knee injury you could tell the ankle issue was taking away his scrambling ability. He's still good just staying in the pocket, but he's at his MVP best when he gets on the move and forces the secondary to try and cover all those receivers for more than four seconds. Puts too much strain on the defense, especially with his arm talent. He just doesn't need that big of a throwing window.

It's weird, but the silver lining to the knee injury is that his ankle might be better by the time he returns to the lineup. If he had kept trying to play through that it might have bothered him all year. Now there's a chance you guys get him at 100% or close to it for the last 6-8 games plus the postseason.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Oh they'll make the playoffs. The AFC West sucks. They just aren't gonna do anything. Like usual.

I mean, Dee Ford doesn't lineup offsides or the Chiefs win the coin toss they are possibly in the SB last year. I'm conditioned as a Cyclones and Chiefs fan to expect the worst, but the Cubs did show me it was possible to win the big thing :)

• Optimistic