Top 25 results

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Should have a decent chance to move back into the Top 25.

Losers in the Top 25 this week:

#6 Wisconsin lost to Illinois (probably drop to 10-15)
#16 Michigan lost to #7 Penn State (probably drop to around 20)
#22 Missouri lost to Vanderbilt (will drop out)
#25 Washington lost to #12 Oregon (played them real close but will still drop out)
#14 Boise State currently losing to 2-4 BYU (if they lose this they should drop out, BYU is not good).

Dependent how harshly the voters treat Washington and potentially Boise State ISU should be in. Cal, Temple and Tulane also were in the 26-30 range and lost. Wake and Virginia won.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Acylum

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Mizzou and Washington drop out. Tulane loses big. ISU is in for sure.

I'm calling:
Iowa 22
ISU 23
App St 24
Virginia 25

If Boise St loses they might drop out completely or drop in the middle of these teams.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
My best guess how the top 25 will look, taking into account last week’s rank and poll points. I might have dropped UW and Boise more severely than voters do. This doesn’t necessarily reflect how I’d rank if I were an official voter.
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. Oklahoma
6. Penn State
7. Notre Dame
8. Florida
9. Georgia
10. Auburn
11. Oregon
12. Utah
13. Wisconsin
14. Texas
15. Baylor
16. SMU
17. Michigan
18. Minnesota
19. Cincinnati
20. Arizona State
21. Iowa
22. Appalachian State
23. Boise State
24. Iowa State
25. Memphis
Other receiving votes: Washington, Virginia, Missouri, USC …

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This is such a dumb train of thought, and for some reason so many fans have this attitude. Being ranked is a good thing.

It all depends on how the team looks at being ranked. If they feel like they have arrived then it could be a bad thing, if they look at it as we are getting better, but we still have a lot of work to do it is good. This team is going to think the latter of these two.

• Informative
Reactions: StLouisClone

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
It all depends on how the team looks at being ranked. If they feel like they have arrived then it could be a bad thing, if they look at it as we are getting better, but we still have a lot of work to do it is good. This team is going to think the latter of these two.

I can understand that for the players, but I'm sure coach has a handle on that aspect. Regardless, we want to be ranked, and continue to be ranked.

• Useful
Reactions: StLouisClone

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Lost to ranked 2 ranked teams by a total of 3 points and rapulor was on the road and have won three straight. Should be ranked, but they love the big ten again to much. Texas should damn near drop out.

Tony Gunk

Jul 12, 2017
NE Iowa
I’m okay with not being ranked yet... give the guys some more focus...

I don't think Matt Campbell and his staff will let this team lose focus with a top 25 ranking. In the past, the team might have been excited about that happening, but I get a very different vibe from this group of coaches and that has translated to the team. It is more about continuing to build a program and keep improving. In fact, he may be able to use the ranking as a motivational tool.

Every week there are articles written and shows that discuss top 25 teams. I for one think it is good exposure for the program and acknowledgement of how far this program has come, but I don't think it is what drives the program internally.