Friday OT #2 - INTJ

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Long time ago an HR person told me there is a misconception that introverts can't "talk" to people and that extroverts do. She's like no. You can interact and talk with people just fine either way. It's that extroverts get their energy from interaction and talking to people. She said she and her boss both talk quite a bit. At the end of the day, she's ready to go out with friends and keep going. She's an extrovert. Her boss talks to people all day but at night wants to stay home and recharge. He's an introvert.

I always found that a good description to reference. Whether or not you get your energy from interaction with people.

For me, internet interaction and being around spouse/child do not require being "on" but most friends and even extended family now do, along with work/general public.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and madguy30

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Long time ago an HR person told me there is a misconception that introverts can't "talk" to people and that extroverts do. She's like no. You can interact and talk with people just fine either way. It's that extroverts get their energy from interaction and talking to people. She said she and her boss both talk quite a bit. At the end of the day, she's ready to go out with friends and keep going. She's an extrovert. Her boss talks to people all day but at night wants to stay home and recharge. He's an introvert.

I always found that a good description to reference. Whether or not you get your energy from interaction with people.

For me, internet interaction and being around spouse/child do not require being "on" but most friends and even extended family now do, along with work/general public.

Yeah introvert doesn't mean a lack of social skills...it's just we don't need it at all hours.

I've always been told I'm quiet like it's a bad thing, but people felt like it was ok to say it....it would probably have been quite an insult to tell thrm they're loud.

Reactions: Angie

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Interesting...

Your Results
ENFP-female.svg

Campaigner
ENFP-T
Diplomat
Social Engagement

The Campaigner personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike types in the Explorer Role group, Campaigners are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

Reactions: Angie