Where is Brocktember?

CY2000

Aug 20, 2015
Why does ISU always start the year off so slow with unnecessary losses under Campbell? He talks all summer about how prepared they are and the "process".. However it seems his process starts midseason, when out of title game contention. Maybe he should start the process a month earlier. The team doesn't even look the same, mainly play calling, (coaches) as it did those first few games.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Why does ISU always start the year off so slow with unnecessary losses under Campbell? He talks all summer about how prepared they are and the "process".. However it seems his process starts midseason, when out of title game contention. Maybe he should start the process a month earlier. The team doesn't even look the same, mainly play calling, (coaches) as it did those first few games.

Welcome to the board and enjoy your stay! This won't end well for you.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
It's Russian collusion, I tell you. That's the reason. Putin directs his cronies to hack the team's communications and phones via hidden apps. These relay the play calls back to the Kremlin, where he can tell his oligrach buddies to lay huge amounts of money on the games, knowing that they'll pay out.

Money is laundered, oligarchs are happy, and because it's ISU, not a name-brand team, nobody takes a second look at it.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I'm sure the staff is just trying to "ease" the players into the schedule, asking them to hold back in those first few games so as not to appear too ready.

<jimlad>

• Funny
Reactions: CyBobby

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
tenor.gif

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Nice try, Hok.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
200.webp

• Funny
Reactions: srjclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It’s more circumstantial than it is systemic.

In 2017 it was a defense that led the change, plus one of our September losses was a toss up game in which we lost in OT .

In 2018 it was more not having a Game 1 and also having OU in Game 2 than anything. Plus Brock wasn’t yet Brock. Who knows, if we play SDSU, perhaps Brock starts sooner.

In 2019 we’re a handful of bounces from being 6-0, and arguably should be. Outside of poor risk management against UNI, we haven’t had a bad game.

• Useful
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
I see you really miss Paul Rhoads. I’m just happy to be relevant as opposed to back then when all we heard was how Iowa State could not recruit better players and we only got “rejects and Texas and Oklahoma leftovers”. This coach will continue to make ISU better. His process is working, give him time.

Reactions: NWICY

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I remember back when Kirk started they had the same issue. I'm guessing the answer is simply that the culture hasn't had a full class through it yet. And so there are first year players making big impacts. Once we have hit the max on CMC recruits then it will be more reloading rather than rebuilding and redesigning. He's talked about the O was built around DM last year, and this year built for Brock. And a "new" OC to start this year.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I would argue we were the better team in the two games we lost. Look at the advanced stats. We had nice margins in avg. yards per play, etc. We just lost the turnover battle which luck has more to do with than most of you would like to admit. Thus, don't look at just the record with this team; look into the numbers and I think you'll see they're better than you give them credit for, OP.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
It’s more circumstantial than it is systemic.

In 2017 it was a defense that led the change, plus one of our September losses was a toss up game in which we lost in OT .

In 2018 it was more not having a Game 1 and also having OU in Game 2 than anything. Plus Brock wasn’t yet Brock. Who knows, if we play SDSU, perhaps Brock starts sooner.

In 2019 we’re a handful of bounces from being 6-0, and arguably should be. Outside of poor risk management against UNI, we haven’t had a bad game.
giphy.gif