Votes: 18 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 42 70.0%

• Total voters

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
So, Minnesota will almost certainly be the host for college game day when their matchup with Penn State arrives on 11/9 right? They are unlikely to lose before then with games against the mighty Rutgers and Terrapins. Penn State will likely not have more than 1 loss and I think will likely be undefeated as well. They have a slightly more difficult road with games against Michigan and Michigan State.

Minnesota has certainly benefitted from a cupcake schedule, but they have taken care of business. It was fun to see them kick Nebraska's ass also. It would be their first time hosting.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
So, Minnesota will almost certainly be the host for college game day when their matchup with Penn State arrives on 11/9 right? They are unlikely to lose before then with games against the mighty Rutgers and Terrapins. Penn State will likely not have more than 1 loss and I think will likely be undefeated as well. They have a slightly more difficult road with games against Michigan and Michigan State.

Minnesota has certainly benefitted from a cupcake schedule, but they have taken care of business. It was fun to see them kick Nebraska's ass also. It would be their first time hosting.
I'll throw money on Maryland moneyline

Reactions: brett108

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Color me skeptical. #1 Alabama plays #2 LSU that day.
Yeah, but just as Iowa State did. Minnesota has the whole 'never been there before' thing going for them. And ESPN nearly has a boner as big for the big 10 as they do for the SEC. By gameday, it very well could be a top 10 (at least top 15) matchup too.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Yeah, but just as Iowa State did. Minnesota has the whole 'never been there before' thing going for them. And ESPN nearly has a boner as big for the big 10 as they do for the SEC. By gameday, it very well could be a top 10 (at least top 15) matchup too.
College Gameday has visited the Alabama-LSU matchup in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2018. So that's six out of the last eight years.

Good luck.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If Minne makes it to that game undefeated, that could be a really good game. They'll have to beat Pedo State and @TOE to get there.

Yeah as much as we rag on Iowa, I can't see Minnesota going into Kinnick and winning but who knows. Credit to Minnesota for winning the games on their schedule.

I'm not sure I trust much outside of Ohio State and Wisconsin yet.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Like a poster has said. I expect the wheels to fall of in one of the next two games. At about this time in an undefeated year a team starts to believe their own headlines. Much better teams and programs have this issue, and Minnesota now has a target on them.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I’d love for Minnesota to host against penn state, but like mj4cy, I don’t see how they do it unless Alabama or LSU loses.

Minnesota also hosts Wisconsin late in November.
I’m going to be at that game and it would be amazing for gameday to be there. But that’s rivalry weekend so I just see there being too much competition for that game

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I’d love for Minnesota to host against penn state, but like mj4cy, I don’t see how they do it unless Alabama or LSU loses.

I’m going to be at that game and it would be amazing for gameday to be there. But that’s rivalry weekend so I just see there being too much competition for that game

It won't be Bama but LSU still has to play Auburn before they get Bama.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
It's going to be really hard for ESPN to say no to a #1 vs #2 match up. That will make it an easy decision for them.

I have no affliction for Minn at all, but it would be cool to see Gameday spread the love a little bit...

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic and mj4cy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I don't get the whole gameday shtick popularity. I never watch it. Fun for the folks at the game at that locale with the signs and all but I'm just not a fan of listening to a bunch of jackass talking heads. I don't turn my TV on till the kickoff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron