PJ Fleck legit?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
He is a good coach. Obviously they have not had a good schedule or beat anyone really but honestly Minnesota with a winning record is pretty good. We are 3-2 and it's not like we have beat much either. I will judge him later when he plays some better teams.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
He is a good coach. Obviously they have not had a good schedule or beat anyone really but honestly Minnesota with a winning record is pretty good. We are 3-2 and it's not like we have beat much either. I will judge him later when he plays some better teams.

Excuse me? You must not have watched the UNI game (best Missouri Valley team you're likely to see all year) and we're coming off a great win against a TCU team that almost beat SMU.

I'll give you ULM.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
looks like Martinez will be out for Nebraska, so the Gophers catch another break. Minnesota played a lot of redshirt freshmen and true freshmen last year so they are still a young team this year. Sure their schedule is really easy, but they are definitely building in the right direction. Accumulating wins will help them have a positive ripple effect. I wish we could catch a break in scheduling like that.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
The only thing he's proven thus far is that he is beyond question a legitimate a$$****. Whether he proves to be a legitimate big time football coach remains to be seen.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Excuse me? You must not have watched the UNI game (best Missouri Valley team you're likely to see all year) and we're coming off a great win against a TCU team that almost beat SMU.

I'll give you ULM.
Minnesota has taken a step forward from some of their recent years where they probably would've lost some of the close games that they've had. SDSU is a really good team and it was the first game of the year and Fresno State isn't exactly a walk in the park, however coming back home against Georgia Southern and squeaking by them is eye opening. Purdue and Illinois honestly might be at the same caliber this year and are by far the two worst teams in the Big 10 West.

Credit to Minnesota for starting the year off 5-0, but there is a reason they are not ranked yet undefeated.. Even the voters (who I don't always agree with) are pumping the breaks on the hype.

• Agree
Reactions: legi and STATE12

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

I'll give you ULM.

Haha. UNI is not even on the same level. They are D2. Ill give them they are a good D2 team. BTW yes I can't remember what they call D2 now. TCU is a decent team but it's not like they are top 25. So yeah the teams we have beat are not exactly the greatest. Pretty much like Minnesota.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

I'll give you ULM.

Lol please don’t defend what happened against UNI.

They play NDSU Saturday so we will see how wrong your “best Missouri valley team” statement is soon.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Nebraska, Rutgers on the road, and Maryland coming up. Will be favored in all of those. Good shot at 8-0 before they play Penn State.

The final four games, Penn State, Iowa, NW and Wisconsin will determine an okay year versus a good year.

McLovinID.gif

Reactions: Die4Cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Haha. UNI is not even on the same level. They are D2. Ill give them they are a good D2 team. BTW yes I can't remember what they call D2 now. TCU is a decent team but it's not like they are top 25. So yeah the teams we have beat are not exactly the greatest. Pretty much like Minnesota.
UNI and SDSU are both great FCS teams who constantly give FBS teams fits when they play them. It's the first game of the year and it would make their entire season if they could beat the team they're not suppose to beat. TCU has a top 20 defense and has athletes all over the field. TCU's only two losses come to a 6-0 SMU team and an Iowa State team who's lost to two ranked teams by a combined 3 points in the last seconds.

Minnesota's best FBS win so far this year is Purdue, and TCU went to Purdue earlier this season and won by 3 TD's. We'll see how Minnesota ends up, but I think their record reflects their schedule played and that's why they are 5-0 and unranked.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
They still haven't beaten a ranked team since 2014. No one should be impressed with their resume this season, either. Most P5 teams would be 5-0 against that pathetic slate of teams.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
FCS and D2 are the same thing. So Yeah they may not be D2 but they are a whole level below us in the FCS ranks. If you are trying to say Minnesota has not played anyone, then brag about our wins. You are failing because we have beat lesser teams. TCU is down this year and everyone knows it.
A Division 2 team is Iowa Central or Upper Iowa.. which is a huge difference between UNI and SDSU. SDSU and UNI would probably be favorites against a team like Rutgers.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Help Support Us

Become a patron