Conference Schedule & TV Times

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Seems like we always play KU at home in early January. Are the students even back in school yet on Jan. 8?

EExHurGUcAEFa_t

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Seems like we always play KU at home in early January. Are the students even back in school yet on Jan. 8?

EExHurGUcAEFa_t

Last year was the first time that had happened and no, students won't be back yet.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm beginning to think it's a conspiracy that Kansas always plays us at home early and without the students. When is the last time we hosted them during the back half of conference play?

We hosted Kansas on Feb 13th 2 years ago.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Kansas home game during winter break and its on ESPN+?! What the crap....

I thought I actually understood this mess. How is this game on ESPN+? I thought it had to be on on one of the other regular non-online-only ESPN channels.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I thought I actually understood this mess. How is this game on ESPN+? I thought it had to be on on one of the other regular non-online-only ESPN channels.

Yeah, I'm confused now too. I was under the impression that schools were relegating their third tier rights to ESPN+/Big 12 Now but it appears that doesn't appear to be the case. It almost seems like we just went backwards and opened up more time slots for the ACC and B1G.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Second year in a row. We always give Kansas the toughest time out of the whole conference when they’re in our house. Seems really biased.

I defended it last year and basically said "welp, it's our turn" but two years in a row is BS!

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
ESPN + for the biggest game of the year? What a load of *****.
Guess the TV decision makers aren't expecting much from the Clones this year. I know Chris Williams said he got a pre-season magazine and it had ISU predicted 9th in the League.

Will just have to prove them wrong hopefully.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Guess the TV decision makers aren't expecting much from the Clones this year. I know Chris Williams said he got a pre-season magazine and it had ISU predicted 9th in the League.

That was Athlon. Lindys picked us 5th and in the tourney.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

They are doing this with some big football games this fall also.

Its nothing but a corporate money grab. They know hundreds of thousands of fans will pay $5 to see an important game. Price is low enough people wont think twice about paying to see the Kansas game, but enough where they are profiting nicely from it.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

That's not the point though. Up until this ESPN + deal was signed these games would have all aired on the ESPN cable platform...