Iowa Band Allegations

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I, personally, don't like 'premature' disclosure. But on the other hand, if there's validity to it, it must be investigated. The 'inference', by itself, is harmful to ISU. The current state of journalism is to 'infer' in magnitude to garner clicks. I just wish there were repercussions to incorrectly applying this methodology.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...8/iowa-band-alleges-inappropriate-actions-isu

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
From the sounds of it, both sides are still trying to find out what happened. That being the case I see no need for Barta to put it out in a letter at this point-why not wait until there's proof from both sides? Barta being Barta.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I personally think the hoks don't want THE Iowa State University Cyclone Football Varsity Marching Band in Iowa City next year and this is their way to try and make that happen.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I, personally, don't like 'premature' disclosure. But on the other hand, if there's validity to it, it must be investigated. The 'inference', by itself, is harmful to ISU. The current state of journalism is to 'infer' in magnitude to garner clicks. I just wish there were repercussions to incorrectly applying this methodology.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...8/iowa-band-alleges-inappropriate-actions-isu

So...based on previous experiences, what's the odds that the incident was between two Iowa band members and Barta is blaming ISU for not keeping them separate?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
According to a report on KCCI, a band parent heard what happened and then called the Iowa AD to complain. Ok, not saying it didn't happen, but why did the student not tell one of the FOUR cops there, or the band director? Why wait until they get home to complain about it? If it was as bad as the parent is making out, why did their child tell someone?

Maybe this is just another case of a parent looking out and trying to protect their child, instead of letting the kid stand on their own two feet.
ISU has been blindsided by the story, how about a little heads up by Barta, instead of just releasing the statement, call Pollard, and tell him what he was told, and give Pollard a day to look into it.

I guess we will find out, but to anyone that has been in the others stadium, it can get bad at times, both fan bases have many great fans, and both have a few ********, that makes everyone look bad.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
According to a report on KCCI, a band parent heard what happened and then called the Iowa AD to complain. Ok, not saying it didn't happen, but why did the student not tell one of the FOUR cops there, or the band director? Why wait until they get home to complain about it? If it was as bad as the parent is making out, why did their child tell someone?

Maybe this is just another case of a parent looking out and trying to protect their child, instead of letting the kid stand on their own two feet.
ISU has been blindsided by the story, how about a little heads up by Barta, instead of just releasing the statement, call Pollard, and tell him what he was told, and give Pollard a day to look into it.

I guess we will find out, but to anyone that has been in the others stadium, it can get bad at times, both fan bases have many great fans, and both have a few ********, that makes everyone look bad.

All the report says is that the band was harassed. What’s that involve ? People yelling **** the hawks ?