FB Season Tix Update from Pollard

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't mind having visiting bands, gives it more of that college atmosphere. However, I would rather they only bring their small pep bands that OU, OSU, and Texas seem to bring nearly every trip to Ames. From what I've seen, the pep bands pretty much only play when their team scores.

Also wish we would ban Iowa's full band after stuffing our band in the nosebleeds last year at Kinnick. Or at the very least return the favor.

Agree. ISU band was always in the opposite endzone of Iowa's band at Kinnick, but last year they stuck them way up in the top 10-15 rows of the stadium. They did the same to UNI too.

I'd stick Iowa's band in one of the hillsides this year.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
I was wondering about the band as well. I can see a pissing match not helping that situation. Also, for those who don't know the UNI Alma Mater...double the length of the ISU one and there you go. I am assuming the band plays both verses so it probably takes close to two minutes.
While I have your attention- can we get less of JBL and his screaming and more of you guys and your pregame sound? He needs his script to be half of the size he has been using. He does not need to fire up the crowd now a days- it is a new era

isudrummer

Oct 5, 2012
Muscatine
Agree. ISU band was always in the opposite endzone of Iowa's band at Kinnick, but last year they stuck them way up in the top 10-15 rows of the stadium. They did the same to UNI too.

They can perform their halftime show on the practice field and sit on the hillside...nobody needs them to take up seats this year.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
On top of it I don't think UNI fans are coming this year like in years past. The sad reality is in previous years, UNI fans not just hoped to win, they EXPECTED to win (and for good reason). I remember walking out after the game 2 years ago and UNI fans were disappointed because they truly thought they were going to beat us. I don't think they have that same optimism this year and UNI returning tickets shows it.

This.

I have an uncle who is a huge UNI fan with season tickets to football and basketball and he would never miss a chance to beat ISU or Iowa. Hell he went and cheered for NDSU when they beat Iowa. He is not coming to this game as he doesn’t think they stand a chance. Kind of disappointing as I really enjoy spending time with and tailgating with them.

isudrummer

Oct 5, 2012
Muscatine
While I have your attention- can we get less of JBL and his screaming and more of you guys and your pregame sound? He needs his script to be half of the size he has been using. He does not need to fire up the crowd now a days- it is a new era
Sorry man, no pull with the ISU marching band folks. I was a music Major (which means I was not in marching band :)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Sorry man, no pull with the ISU marching band folks. I was a music Major (which means I was not in marching band :)

I seem to remember a lot of music majors in marching band back in the day (how has it been 12 years already?)

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
For the Iowa game, I really hope that Pollard treats their band like they did the ISU band last year, and seats them in the upper deck, and not in the lower bowl.
Hell If it was up to me, I would place the Iowa band in the far North west corner of the stands in the upper deck, as far away from the visitors section as you can get.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
For the Iowa game, I really hope that Pollard treats their band like they did the ISU band last year, and seats them in the upper deck, and not in the lower bowl.
Hell If it was up to me, I would place the Iowa band in the far North west corner of the stands in the upper deck, as far away from the visitors section as you can get.

Since that is close to us I would say no but I like your sentiment.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Honestly, Iowa has just followed suit with the other B1G schools who stuff the visitors clear up in the nose bleeds...

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Honestly, Iowa has just followed suit with the other B1G schools who stuff the visitors clear up in the nose bleeds...

For now I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The north end zone where the visiting band traditionally sat was a mess last year with construction. They are not going to give up too many prime seats to a visiting band. We will see what they do from now on.

Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron