Whats the best stadium you have been

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Their fans are definitely insane. KC has both beat in tailgating/parking.
And blood alcohol content. I never really noticed how bad Chiefs games were until I quit drinking. Went to a game on X-mas night a few years ago. The guy next to me was slurring his words before the national anthem even happened. Sometime in the first quarter he passed out completely. He was in the same position until the game was over. He only moved one time and that was to puke all over his own shoes.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Folsom field is a cool stadium, and the mountains in the background really add to that. Actual crowd experience is pretty 'meh' though. I'd love to go to Seattle for a Washington Huskies game; I've heard that's a great place to experience a game.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Not much of an NFL fan, but I have been to games here and there. Have not been to KC, so I cannot rate it. Of the ones I can: @ Bucs (old stadium), @ Saints (Superdome), @ Jags (AllTell), @ Raiders (Black Hole), @ Bears (pre-Space ship Soldier Field), @ Lions (Silverdome) and @ Bengals (Paul Brown), the only one that would interest me to repeat would be the Saints, as an NFL Sunday that includes the Saints @ the Superdome followed by the French Quarter is a fun day. The others are meh to me, even though I have been to two incredible games (Elway and his Broncos @ Raiders) and (Favre and his Packers @ Bears). Elway led the Broncos to a patented last two minute comeback victory, and Favre and the Packers survived a missed two-point conversion to beat the Bears. Just not a fan of NFL Games in person.

When you are a fan of a team and they are playing well, there is nothing like an NFL game. The amount of talent on the field, and the plays they can make you have to actually see in person to appreciate. The speed of the players is unbelievable, the way they close on the ball. Its truly great to watch.

Watching a Moreno, Elway or any great QB at the top of his game is something everyone should see live one time. The windows they can squeeze the ball into and how fast they get the ball out is worth the price of a ticket.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
All 3 D1 stadiums in Illinois are drastically worse than both of Iowa's D1 stadiums. That alone makes a lot of the driving distance stadiums kind of suck.

Other than Jack Trice (and Cyclone Stadium when it was called that) I've only been to the Lyle Clinic (twice) and to U of Illinois. I can attest to the fact that that stadium/crowd are not good.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The game day atmosphere at a USC vs UCLA game at the Coliseum is pretty cool.

They can tailgate with the best of them and the crush of 90+ thousand fans leaving is pretty crazy.

I went to a game at the Rose Bowl, but it was a half filled and goddam hot. So nothing too amazing

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
All the Husker fans I know readily admit their stadium sucks for fans. Seating designed for people that weigh 150 pounds or less and with short legs only.
I've been to Kinnick but before the renovations. It's a decent enough stadium and atmosphere. In the end **** Iowa. I'd say Trice is probably better than Memorial Sradium anyways.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
When you are a fan of a team and they are playing well, there is nothing like an NFL game. The amount of talent on the field, and the plays they can make you have to actually see in person to appreciate. The speed of the players is unbelievable, the way they close on the ball. Its truly great to watch.

Watching a Moreno, Elway or any great QB at the top of his game is something everyone should see live one time. The windows they can squeeze the ball into and how fast they get the ball out is worth the price of a ticket.
I don't have a favorite team, so I don't care who wins and loses. It's like going to a movie to me. That being said, I have been to a Playoff Game (Jets @ Bengals), Monday Night Football Games (@ Bucs and @ Bengals) and seen some of the best players of all time including Elway, Brady, Favre, Sanders, etc.). Just not a fan. It's neither a good thing nor a bad thing, just a preference.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I don't have a favorite team, so I don't care who wins and loses. It's like going to a movie to me. That being said, I have been to a Playoff Game (Jets @ Bengals), Monday Night Football Games (@ Bucs and @ Bengals) and seen some of the best players of all time including Elway, Brady, Favre, Sanders, etc.). Just not a fan. It's neither a good thing nor a bad thing, just a preference.

I get what you saying, a lot of Iowa fans feel that way about Kinnick, if it was not their favorite team, they would see it like many of us do. Great atmosphere, but ease of movement, parking and the rest of it are a pain in the ass.

But when its your team, its great. Arrowhead is great, its a bigger version of JTS with all the tailgating around the stadium, and every seat has a cupholder and they sell beer. The noise is so loud at times, you literally cannot hear the person beside you talking when the Chiefs are on defense.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Limited sample size for me. Jack Trice and Kinnick obviously. I've been to Augustana College's stadium in Illinois and St. Ambrose's stadium in Davenport (actually played all of my junior high and high school games there). I don't think I can technically count the Metrodome as I was there for a Twins game, not for a football game. I was at Camp Randall stadium for an NFL preseason game between the Packers and Jets, but that was almost 35 years ago. And when ISU played Michigan in 2012(?), I saw Michigan Stadium from the outside. That stadium is obscenely massive, but I've also been told it's a dump.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Liberty Bowl/thread

The stadium/set up in Tempe was really cool for the 09 bowl game.

Hate to admit it but I’ve been to a few really good upset games in Kinnick and enjoyed them. Penn State back in I think 08 and Michigan a few years ago were both great atmospheres.

Lambeau is awesome for any fan but especially if you are a Packer fan you have to go see a game there.
Your post is so interesting. I would never have brought that liberty bowl as awesome. I am thinking about facilities etc. but in all reality the weather sucked’ish but the fans from Isu and Memphis made that a special experience.

I love Madison on game day. Love it.
I have a connection to KSU that has given me really nice box experiences.
South Bend is incredible.
Austin is very fun if not there for an Isu game.

I have only had fun at kinnick when I was their drinking with my buddies at school there and Isu wasn’t p,along. They have been ok experiences but not spectacular.

Indiana is abysmal.

Went to Purdue versus Georgia bowl game in Florida that was freaking awesome.

Rose bowl experience is fun.

University of Washington is fun.

Went to a game at ndsu that is cult like. Oddly entertaining.

went to game at Valpo. There was a kid selling peanuts that was hilarious. Don’t remember game,

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Loudest stadium I’ve ever been in was Arrowhead when Dexter McCluster ran back a punt for a TD vs the NYG.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Your post is so interesting. I would never have brought that liberty bowl as awesome. I am thinking about facilities etc. but in all reality the weather sucked’ish but the fans from Isu and Memphis made that a special experience.

I love Madison on game day. Love it.
I have a connection to KSU that has given me really nice box experiences.
South Bend is incredible.
Austin is very fun if not there for an Isu game.

I have only had fun at kinnick when I was their drinking with my buddies at school there and Isu wasn’t p,along. They have been ok experiences but not spectacular.

Indiana is abysmal.

Went to Purdue versus Georgia bowl game in Florida that was freaking awesome.

Rose bowl experience is fun.

University of Washington is fun.

Went to a game at ndsu that is cult like. Oddly entertaining.

went to game at Valpo. There was a kid selling peanuts that was hilarious. Don’t remember game,

I was being sarcastic. The liberty bowl is a complete dump in a horrible part of Memphis. The bowl game against Memphis was very entertaining and a great atmosphere, but that place is a complete hole.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I was being sarcastic. The liberty bowl is a complete dump in a horrible part of Memphis. The bowl game against Memphis was very entertaining and a great atmosphere, but that place is a complete hole.
Agree. The experience was awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: DeereClone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Michigan playing Notre Dame in the Big House was really cool , but they sure pack you in there.

I’ve only been to three NFL stadiums. Lucas Oil was the best. NFL playoff games are unbelievable.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I've been to the Liberty Bowl 5 times (1976, 1993, 2007, 2012 and 2017), and it has not improved one bit since my first game in 1976! lol. That being said, I like the old stadium. She has some character and history, which I like. My goodness, that is where Johnny Majors coached his last Iowa State game (1972), and Coach Bryant coached his last Alabama game (1982)!