Whats the best stadium you have been

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
to watch a game? Minus Jack Trice that is.

I was at the Todd Blythe, Texas A@M game down in College Station and found that place unreal. I have been to Texas and OU. However, I don't think either are close to being as cool as the Aggies game and stadium. I have not been to it since they basically redid the whole thing.

Pro stadium I would have to go with Lambeau just because of the History.

Reactions: GoldCy and yez

yez

Feb 17, 2010
Austin, Texas

I was at the Todd Blythe, Texas A@M game down in College Station and found that place unreal. I have been to Texas and OU. However, I don't think either are close to being as cool as the Aggies game and stadium. I have not been to it since they basically redid the whole thing.

I agree with you. I married in to an aTm family and we have season tickets. It's a great experience for sure.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Notre Dame stadium. They did an amazing job with the renovations while maintaining it's historic look and feel. However, I am surprised their crowd doesn't get louder. I have been to two close games at ND stadium and the crowd doesn't touch JTS for loudness factor.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I haven't been to many.

My experience at Kinnick was pretty awesome. Night game upset win against #3 Michigan.

I was excited for Camp Randall, but it was a sleepy 11am game against a crappy Purdue team.

I haven't been to any pro games that mattered. Just a few half empty pre season games. Arrowhead was loud even for that though, so I could see how that place would be awesome.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I’ve only been to three stadiums so it’s Kinnick. Alamo Dome sucked from a fan experience for the actual stadium.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Ohio Stadium was pretty cool when I was there for grad school. Went to some games, but also got to tour the facility including the field. (Still love real grass better)

Pro: I have been to a number of NFL stadiums for things other than games, but it’s pretty awesome to run an event on the field at AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I thought Texas’s stadium/setting blew A&M out of the water. Aggy fans were nice, but beyond weird. A&M is more passionate, but if you’re talking stadium it’s not close.

Boone Pickens is an incredible facility as well

Reactions: isukendall

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
college- I've only been to Jack Trice and Kinnick.... so Jack Trice by far for me. But I'd love to see a game in Austin.... and I think Oregon would be cool too.

pro- Lambeau for me, but that is biased as well. But you can't beat the history, and it's just an awesome place to go to a game. A nice big stadium just plopped down right in the middle of a very middle class residential neighborhood.

canker2323

Oct 22, 2006
What Cheer, IA

Overall:
College: LSU
Pro: Lincoln Financial
Bowl Game: Rose

More rankings.

Pregame
College: Georgia, LSU, Kinnick, West Virginia
Pro: Soldier, Lincoln Financial, Meadowlands

People
College: West Virginia/Georgia/LSU, Kinnick
Pro: Lincoln Financial, Soldier, Hard Rock

Physical Structure
College: Beaver Stadium, LSU, Notre Dame
Pro: Hard Rock (Gets LOUD with the roof and speakers), Invesco, Raymond James

History
College: Notre Dame, Rose Bowl, Georgia
Pro: Soldier (only because almost all stadiums are new)

Worst
College: Nebraska, Ryan Field
Pro: Meadowlands (old)

Last edited:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I thought Texas’s stadium/setting blew A&M out of the water. Aggy fans were nice, but beyond weird. A&M is more passionate, but if you’re talking stadium it’s not close.

Boone Pickens is an incredible facility as well
Texas’ stadium is incredible but their atmosphere was not very good the two times I’ve been there. Crowd is a bunch of old people. OSU is awesome, wish I coulda been there for a night game but both were 11 AM’s

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
A bunch of great answers so far! All stadiums hold some charm for one reason or another. For example, I saw Alabama play @ Duke (small stadium category) on a sun-splashed day in 2010 in front of a sellout crowd, and that was a perfect CFB Experience! I also love Nippert Stadium (small stadium category) @ Cincinnati - which is a fantastic place to see a game. In the Big Stadium Category, I love Ohio Stadium @ Ohio State for a Day game and LSU's Tiger Stadium for a Night game. As @Macloney said, the SEC Stadiums are different animals, especially: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee. Oh!, @ Arkansas (medium stadium category) is one of my favorites too! It is stunningly beautiful snug in the foothills of the Ozarks. B1G stadiums can be a different animal too like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, etc. I'd add that Kinnick and Mich. State are two of my favorites in the medium stadium category (like Arkansas). Too many stadiums, not enough time! Of course, the Rose Bowl on NYD is beyond compare! Three of my favorites below:

Ohio State vs. Oregon @ 2010 Rose Bowl Game:

48372533_1965201050234874_1121502835289096192_n.jpg

Alabama @ Duke in 2010:

45351220_1910426485712331_1233155148713295872_n.jpg

Mizzou @ Alabama in 2018:

44037793_1880764902011823_6451947481763676160_n.jpg

Last edited:

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Liberty Bowl/thread

The stadium/set up in Tempe was really cool for the 09 bowl game.

Hate to admit it but I’ve been to a few really good upset games in Kinnick and enjoyed them. Penn State back in I think 08 and Michigan a few years ago were both great atmospheres.

Lambeau is awesome for any fan but especially if you are a Packer fan you have to go see a game there.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Really strange to see so many people say Kinnick.

I've been there numerous times and have never had a good experience, even the times when ISU has won there. The whole experience is just not good IMO. No parking, no space to sit with seats about 8 inches apart, not friendly at all, etc, etc.