UFC Thread

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City

This is what happens when you don't focus 100% on your craft, you don't evolve and the game passes you by. Conor's had his head in boxing and promoting his own self-brand more than he has spent time in the gym working on his areas of weakness. He's made a fortune off of the UFC but I just don't see him competing against the elites in the LW/FW divisions anymore.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Cody Garbrandt called him out before his fight for using the exact thing he got busted for taking. So with that info from Cody and this test. Seems like he has been juicing for a long time. I mean if Cody would have just called him out for using steroids then whatever. He called him out for using the exact substance that he ended up getting busted for. Soooo yeah he has been lucky to avoid being detected.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Cody Garbrandt called him out before his fight for using the exact thing he got busted for taking. So with that info from Cody and this test. Seems like he has been juicing for a long time. I mean if Cody would have just called him out for using steroids then whatever. He called him out for using the exact substance that he ended up getting busted for. Soooo yeah he has been lucky to avoid being detected.

Reactions: Knownothing

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Need to have something in the rules about where you must be within a certain % of your weight in the days leading up to your fight.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

I am not defending Jones. He is clearly a scum bag. However, I read this ladies complaint. What stood out to me is this stripper kept going back to him. She would say he did something, then go back to him later and he would do something else. This happened like 6 times. So my guess is it's a money grab. I mean the first time something happens. Walk away. It's not like you live with him. Go to a different part of the club and make other money.

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The video on this link is wild. Aspen Ladd looked terrible today as she weighed in. Her body is not happy about the cut.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/07/ufc-sacramento-video-aspen-ladd-trembles-weigh-in

I could see changes to the weight cutting standards coming once this story likely blows up.

Moving it forward, while potentially helping for the fights themselves, was bad for the athletes. They can push it much further now. I'd like to see guys have to weigh in at the ring and the UFC can have some back up plans ready then. Fighters will not cut more than they should in that case.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I am not defending Jones. He is clearly a scum bag. However, I read this ladies complaint. What stood out to me is this stripper kept going back to him. She would say he did something, then go back to him later and he would do something else. This happened like 6 times. So my guess is it's a money grab. I mean the first time something happens. Walk away. It's not like you live with him. Go to a different part of the club and make other money.

Yeah, and aren't there a load of cameras in these establishments? I don't like to associate myself with heathens so I would never.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Moving it forward, while potentially helping for the fights themselves, was bad for the athletes. They can push it much further now. I'd like to see guys have to weigh in at the ring and the UFC can have some back up plans ready then. Fighters will not cut more than they should in that case.
Weighing in on fighting day seems more logical to me. Having like 36+ hours to recover is allowing them to cut extreme amounts of weight and gain it all right back. Weighing 155 Friday morning then fighting at like 175 kind of defeats the purpose of weight classes. A scale while they get checked in right before walking into the cage would be awesome. People would fight at a more natural weight.

Big Clone Guy

Jul 2, 2019
Weighing in on fighting day seems more logical to me. Having like 36+ hours to recover is allowing them to cut extreme amounts of weight and gain it all right back. Weighing 155 Friday morning then fighting at like 175 kind of defeats the purpose of weight classes. A scale while they get checked in right before walking into the cage would be awesome. People would fight at a more natural weight.
I like how One championship does it. They got rid of weight cuts
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...-championship-abolished-weight-cutting-in-mma

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think the problem the UFC has with doing the weight cut is almost all of there fighters are fighting like 20 pounds under the real weight. So if they went to these rules, most of the champions would have to give up their belts because they could not make those weights. It's about money and UFC and Dana White don't give two rips about the fighters. They care about PPV numbers and ESPN.