BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good thing they didn't have a matinee game this afternoon. Woof. Really hot for Minnesota. ****, it's like Vicksburg had a major league team and they didn't play in a dome.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
I am hoping that the Twins keep the division lead but I think that injuries and pitching will be the undoing of this team for the division to the Indians. Hard to say this a month ago but I believe the Twins will be in 2nd place in the division by the end of July. Hope not.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Going to be a wet wet field tonight. Going to pretty much rain all day here. Already laid down another inch of rain but at least it won't be oppressively hot.

Edit: looks like it going to stop rain by 1:00 so time to dry out a little bit. Only 63 degrees outside!

Last edited:

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
First bad game last night for Rogers in a long time. He's been lights out in the last month.

Giving up on the Twins getting SF's Smith. Hope they are zeroing in on Tiger's Boyd and Greene. They need both.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
First bad game last night for Rogers in a long time. He's been lights out in the last month.

Giving up on the Twins getting SF's Smith. Hope they are zeroing in on Tiger's Boyd and Greene. They need both.

If you believe rumor reports, Tigers asked the Yankees for Gleyber Torres for Boyd. :eek: Yanks aren't parting with Torres but that will let you maybe know how much they are asking for Boyd. And it might cost the Twins that much to get him from a division rival. If they stick to asking that much than Boyd isn't going anywhere.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
In other news, it's a beautiful baseball weather day in Minneapolis. Nary a thunderboomer on the radar and not humid or hot!

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
If you believe rumor reports, Tigers asked the Yankees for Gleyber Torres for Boyd. :eek: Yanks aren't parting with Torres but that will let you maybe know how much they are asking for Boyd. And it might cost the Twins that much to get him from a
division rival. If they stick to asking that much than Boyd isn't going anywhere.

With as many teams like SF in the wild card
hunt, who think they need to hold on, it is really helping Detroit. If the true sellers want major league starters, the Twins will only be wishful buyers. Maybe that's all Falvey is anyway.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Man we needed this one. Kep comes up big again!

Nice come back in spite of May looking bad again. Twins have unloaded three relievers in the last week so they need May and Littell to hold their own. Hope the deal is sweet enough to land the Tiger's Greene.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have been considering buying a New Jersey since my Mauer one might need to go in a frame for the man cave. Kepler is currently the clubhouse leader for my next purchase. Love that guy.

Reactions: mj4cy

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
Couple of things:

1) Great season so far and the Twins have exceeded expectations.

2) Buxton needs to play smarter. He is too valuable to the Twins to take chances as he gets hurt easily. Example this last time he dove for the ball and got hurt the Twins were up six runs in the late innings of the game. Needs to know when to be physically smarter with his body.

3) Sano needs to learn how to hit a curve ball, or at least be patient at the plate.

Reactions: mj4cy

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Couple of things:

1) Great season so far and the Twins have exceeded expectations.

2) Buxton needs to play smarter. He is too valuable to the Twins to take chances as he gets hurt easily. Example this last time he dove for the ball and got hurt the Twins were up six runs in the late innings of the game. Needs to know when to be physically smarter with his body.

3) Sano needs to learn how to hit a curve ball, or at least be patient at the plate.

3) Sano leads the team in walk rate. When he was struggling earlier in the season, he was whiffing on good fastballs.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Goes without saying how big this series is with NYY this week. Gotta get 2 out of 3.

That would be great, but the Yankee$ are a better team than the Twins right now. Hope the Bombas heat up and we can take at least one.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That triple play was cool. To bad Perez walks way too many and they were in that position in the first place.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The team and the crowd really seemed to feed off of Thorpe's emotion and intensity last night.

I'll take a Mitch Garver at-bat at any time during a game. He doesn't have many bad at-bats.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Seemed like the entire lineup went into a funk there for about 2-3 weeks. At least Kepler and Polanco have started to hit again. Arraez needs to play every day, probably at second base. Schoop will have to be utility and DH. And I'm getting tired of Sano trying to figure it out, because he sure doesn't look like he ever will.

Trevor May is a heartbreaker......just when I think he's going to start a scoreless inning streak, WHAM.

But if we can win again tonight, I'll feel a lot better.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Quite the slugfest tonight. Both team's pitchers and the home plate ump have been terrible. The missed third strike call when Rogers was closing it out was a killer for the Twins.
Great to see Sano coming around.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron