Star Trek: Picard

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
This looks amazing. Between this and where Discovery is going, i'm a happy Trek fan.
The Mrs and I bit the bullet and purchased CBS All Access after the Game of Thrones finale and we were both floored with the quality of Discovery. That series had a DS9 feel to it, yet it was able to stand alone from the other series and films. We just started rewatching TNG in preparation for ST: Picard. It’s almost a given that John de Lancie’s Q will make an appearance in this season, it’s more a question of when will it happen (possibly season 1 cliffhanger?)

• Agree
Reactions: CloneIce

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The Mrs and I bit the bullet and purchased CBS All Access after the Game of Thrones finale and we were both floored with the quality of Discovery. That series had a DS9 feel to it, yet it was able to stand alone from the other series and films. We just started rewatching TNG in preparation for ST: Picard. It’s almost a given that John de Lancie’s Q will make an appearance in this season, it’s more a question of when will it happen (possibly season 1 cliffhanger?)

Yeah, some people hate on Discovery, i've loved it.

I especially love the time jump into the future. It explains why no one in existing canon has heard of the magical spore drive, and really opens the show up to do its own thing without having to worry about as much existing canon

Reactions: 3GenClone

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I saw the trailer for it yesterday and had previously been holding back judgment on the premise of the show. Gotta say I'm really looking forward to seeing it now. My interest level in Discovery was just this side of zero and still haven't seen any of it (and likely won't since I don't really enjoy a tv binge all that much). But this has restored my faith that there can still be a good (new) Trek story that will capture my interest.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I saw the trailer for it yesterday and had previously been holding back judgment on the premise of the show. Gotta say I'm really looking forward to seeing it now. My interest level in Discovery was just this side of zero and still haven't seen any of it (and likely won't since I don't really enjoy a tv binge all that much). But this has restored my faith that there can still be a good (new) Trek story that will capture my interest.

Have you seen The Orville? I thought since it was Seth McFarlane that it was going to be mostly jokes/mocking the Star Trek-formula, but it isn’t that way at all. It is an homage to the original Star Trek. It was just announced yesterday that Orville Season 3 will air exclusively on Hulu and not on FOX.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
This looks amazing. Between this and where Discovery is going, i'm a happy Trek fan.

Me too brother! Discovery is a great show (Season 2 is right up there with the best of Trek) and Picard is going to be amazing.

Love the call backs to previous shows combined with a new crew and plot. Really excited to finally see Trek in the post DS9 and Voyager timeframe.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Keep an open mind my friend. Discovery is very much a good new Trek story.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Check out the new Twilight Zone if you are into sci-fi at all really well done.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So I'm guessing this means there won't be any Janeway sightings in this show. Or did those two mend their fences?
I know nothing about star trek other than Jeri Ryan is a smoke show. I know that because I'm from Chicago and she was married to a Ryan.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I know nothing about star trek other than Jeri Ryan is a smoke show. I know that because I'm from Chicago and she was married to a Ryan.
She looked phe nom in al in Bosch.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Have you seen The Orville? I thought since it was Seth McFarlane that it was going to be mostly jokes/mocking the Star Trek-formula, but it isn’t that way at all. It is an homage to the original Star Trek. It was just announced yesterday that Orville Season 3 will air exclusively on Hulu and not on FOX.
I watched the first couple of episodes and never watched any more. It seemed like a show that didn't really know what it was supposed to be. Was it supposed to be parody or a serious show? It had elements of both. Maybe it found it's way after those first couple of episodes.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I watched the first couple of episodes and never watched any more. It seemed like a show that didn't really know what it was supposed to be. Was it supposed to be parody or a serious show? It had elements of both. Maybe it found it's way after those first couple of episodes.
I would say the second season was superior to the first. It really found it's footing and paid homage to the original Star Trek. Each episode with it's own unique story. Really well done. Excited for season 3.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Her ex-husband was a piece of work though. What an *******.

I was living in Chicago at the time and it was a crazy story to follow day by day, never could tell how big a story it was nationally outside of Chicago. In hindsight if people knew who he was running against (little known future president) it would have been an even bigger story.

Help Support Us

Become a patron