NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
SHAMS BOMB

I bet Crowder and Korver get moved again too. Memphis doesn't have much use for guys like that. They're also open for business for salary dumps now, got a big contract, for multiple years even, and future picks you're willing to part with, I bet they're your team.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Jazz Starting 5:
Conley
Mitchell
ingles
Favors
Gobert

Bench:
Exum (PG)
Royce O'Neale (SF)

Seems wide open after that. Not sure what kind of cap space the Jazz have left or who else they will target in FA of course.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Ainge.jpg

Pretty sure this is from Reddit, but was posted on another board I'm on. Thought it was interesting.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Good for Utah. With Golden State weakened now is the time to shoot your shot for a lot of playoff teams in the West. Can't imagine Korver is going to hang around the rebuild situation in Memphis. Maybe there's a buyout coming so he can join a contender - perhaps a reunion with Lebron in LA?
Maybe, but Korver really has fallen off in the past year. His days as a major contributor are over I think.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Hearing some rumors that the Pacers are trying to swing a deal for the fourth pick. I'm not sure what they have to offer. Maybe their first this year and Sabonis or Turner, and that's about it. I suppose they could thrown in Aaron Holiday if the whole reason for moving to 4 is for a chance to grab a PG. New Orleans ought to be able to do better than that if they do want to move that pick.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Hearing some rumors that the Pacers are trying to swing a deal for the fourth pick. I'm not sure what they have to offer. Maybe their first this year and Sabonis or Turner, and that's about it. I suppose they could thrown in Aaron Holiday if the whole reason for moving to 4 is for a chance to grab a PG. New Orleans ought to be able to do better than that if they do want to move that pick.

Sounds like Turner is who the Pelicans want, he would be a good fit next to Zion on both ends. Minnesota is also supposedly after that pick and I really don't see what appealing package they could come up with.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Sounds like Turner is who the Pelicans want, he would be a good fit next to Zion on both ends. Minnesota is also supposedly after that pick and I really don't see what appealing package they could come up with.

I'd hate for the Pacers to part with Turner, but it might be a decent tradeoff with Sabonis as the starting center. They'd lose a little spacing on offense and some elite rim protection defensively, but they'd be a better rebounding team. Plus I'm still not sure Turner is worth the contract extension they gave him last summer. I like him; he's an excellent shot blocker but his offensive game hasn't come along like I'd hoped and he's not a great rebounder for his size.

I do wonder who they'd be interested in with the fourth pick. Maybe Garland or Culver?

They're in a weird spot this offseason with some big decisions to be made on core guys like Bogdanic and Thad Young. Last night Woj reported that Oladipo isn't scheduled to come back until December or January, so next season already kind of feels like a wash already. It goes against their MO, but it might be in their best interest to go with a youth movement next season and try to retain some cap flexibility.

But it's more likely that they'll re-sign their vets, bury the young guys on the bench, and make a run at the playoffs as a try-hard six seed. Fun.

Last edited:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'd hate for the Pacers to part with Turner, but it might be a decent tradeoff with Sabonis as the starting center. They'd lose a little spacing on offense and some elite rim protection defensively, but they'd be a better rebounding team. Plus I'm still not sure Turner is worth the contract extension they gave him last summer. I like him; he's an excellent shot blocker but his offensive game hasn't come along like I'd hoped and he's not a great rebounder for his size.

I do wonder who they'd be interested in with the fourth pick. Maybe Garland or Culver?

They're in a weird spot this offseason with some big decisions to be made on core guys like Bogdanic and Thad Young. Last night Woj reported that Oladipo isn't scheduled to come back until December or January, so next season already kind of feels like a wash already. It goes against their MO, but it might be in their best interest to go with a youth movement next season and try to retain some cap flexibility.

But it's more likely that they'll re-sign their vets, bury the young guys on the bench, and make a run at the playoffs as a try-hard six seed. Fun.

Garland seems to have pushed his way to the fourth spot, I feel like this is a case where barely playing last year has benefited him. It's easier to make optimistic projections for him when you don't have much film of him struggling in college.

It's a weird spot for the Pacers right at this moment, like you said you can make an argument to focus more on the future than next year with Oladipo still recovering. But at the same time, there's a very real scenario where the East could be wide, wide open two weeks from now.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Garland seems to have pushed his way to the fourth spot, I feel like this is a case where barely playing last year has benefited him. It's easier to make optimistic projections for him when you don't have much film of him struggling in college.

It's a weird spot for the Pacers right at this moment, like you said you can make an argument to focus more on the future than next year with Oladipo still recovering. But at the same time, there's a very real scenario where the East could be wide, wide open two weeks from now.

Could be. I don't know, right now it feels like no matter what happens in free agency Philly and Milwaukee are going to be two of the top three teams next year, and if Kawhi comes back then Toronto will be the returning favorite.

Running it back for the Pacers kind of feels like they'd just be staying on the treadmill with the same old results - a group that plays hard and is destined to make a first or second round exit in the postseason. There's worse fates for a franchise, obviously. They could be like Phoenix, just aimlessly accumulating lottery picks and losing and firing coaches. But just once I'd like to see them just go for it and make a bold move or two.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
A lot of LA media and even Kyle Kumza are subliminally saying something is happening. Colin Cowherd tweeted he is hearing things.